“great day”

$141.65*
and up
Whitehaven Beach: Barbecue, Hill Inlet Lookout Bushwalk, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitehaven Beach tours with Whitehaven Xpress. A family operated full day trip with snorkeling, swimming, bush-walking and a Whitehaven Beach BBQ. Whitehaven Xpress offers a full day tour from Airlie Beach, including a Hill Inlet lookout walk, Snorkel or Glass bottom boat viewing and 2 hours on the Whitehaven Beach. Whilst spending the most amount of time on the actual Whitehaven Beach, we provide you with a fabulous Aussie beach BBQ including steak, sausages, chilli burgers, salads and tropical fruits. (Vegetarians are catered for on request) The BBQ is prepared for your enjoyment under the shade of the trees while utilising the National Parks picnic tables. On our homeward journey a platter of cheese and biscuits is served. Departs daily at 9 am from Abell Point Marina and returns approx. 5pm with courtesy van pickup. The daytrip is family operated with Terry, Jill, Captain Dan, and Captain Shane providing a unique personal service.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This day out was spot on. From the prompt pickup to the drop off the in between couldn't be bettered. There are probably similar cruises but the crew make all the difference. Leisurely walk to the viewpoint...FAB views...two hours on Whitehaven Beach with a great barbecue including fresh caught fish plus reef snorkelling which was way better than the barrier reef experience for space,coral and fish species,I don't think this tour could be bettered........do it!

There are newer reviews for Whitehaven Xpress

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just finished our tour with Whitehaven Xpress and had the best time! We saw alot of the Islands in the Whitsundays and the pinnacle was the beautiful Whitehaven Beach. Had a really nice lunch and the guys were all friendly & informative. Very well organised but informal at the same time. Thoroughly recomend!

1  Thank Sozjun
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were treated to a pickup and delivery service to and from our motel by our bus driver who was very pleasant and taken to the boat where you are greeted by a very friendly and professional crew who could not do enough for you all day .Our lunch was second 2none with fresh fish caught along the way for a BBQ lunch cooked by the crew to perfection . The crew are all very competent and professional and fun guys to spend a day on the water with ,your safety and welfare is there highest priorty.The Whitehaven express is a must for any travellers coming to airlie beach you will be delighted with the trip many thanks to Whitehaven express mick ,Lynn Darren ,and sue you made our day 2/2/2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went on this with my family in January. To be honest I wasn't expecting that much as I had wanted to go with a different tour but we picked this for the glass bottom boat for my parents who can't swim. I have to say this was one of the best days I spent in Australia while we were travelling around for 3 weeks.

The guides were very friendly, funny and helpful. The day was jam packed with activity between the hike up to the lookout (only a short enough walk), jumping from the boat to swim to shore to Whitehaven beach, time to relax and chill out on the beach itself, snorkelling the reef and the BBQ was lovely. I had done a dive in Townsville previously and to be honest I found the snorkelling way better as I got closer to the fish and saw alot more than diving although we did see plenty of fish on the dive. My sisters thought the same as well.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the glass bottom boat, it only has a large square lookout for people who dont swim to see the fish and reef. My parents didnt get to see much as there was a lot of people and children on the boat and everyone was trying to look into the same wee hole.

Overall I had a really wonderful day and definitely recommend it!

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly, helpful, entertaining crew. One snorkelling session, visit to wonderful Whitehaven beach and bush walk up to jaw dropping viewpoint. Fish great, corals not so amazing. Superb BBQ lunch. I probably sat too close to engine but couldn't here commentary very well.