Blue Horizon were standard Balinese inspired serviced (or not so serviced) apartments. Rooms were big, but never cleaned and the walk into town was a little on the long side. Adult oriented.
When you get to Airlie Beach, keep going: Blue Horizon is on the other side of the town. There are two driveways, the second one is a bit steeper so save your legs for the walk into town and take the first one, continue to the lift at the back of the carpark which will take you up to reception (hold your nose for the stinky garbage bin while you wait for the lift). If you came by plane and organised a return trip on the shuttle bus, they will pick you up and drop you off just above the second driveway. Very convenient.
Check-in was easy, however this was the only staff member I saw the whole four days we stayed at Blue Horizon. The staff was helpful but be mindful this is not a 24-hr manned desk (it does have a drop off key box). Just out past reception is the pool area overlooking the river. It is a little small. Take the steps down the back left side to a somewhat concealed wading pool. Visiting during the shoulder season, we never found it to be overcrowded, or for that matter, overrun with children.
Rooms are spacious with great air-conditioning and large balconies overlooking the river and pool area. Perfect for north Qld weather. The bed was comfy and a welcome sight after a long day out on the water or sightseeing around Airlie. The sofas were a bit hard, but you shouldn’t spend much time on the couch with all that Airlie has to offer.
While the bathroom was compact and the toilet was positioned badly, the shower was lovely. Mind turning on the spa, you might need your earplugs! Ladies, the hairdryer was quite good.
With a 10-15 minute walk into town, including a slight hill, this is not the best-positioned accommodation. Customer service was a bit lacking for those looking for standard hotel amenities, such as making up rooms, and be prepared to take your own trash out.
If you don’t mind the walk, or lack of hotel features, this is a nice comfortable choice in Airlie.
Foodies: Try Mr Bones – delish lunch with quirky décor and attentive service
Do: Hire a care and explore the area – visit the waterfall
Do: Ocean Rafting – an action packed day out on the water seeing the Whitsundays and culminating in a peek into a colourful underwater world with your snorkel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- at Blue Horizon Resort creates the perfect setting for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday holiday. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a family friendly destination, or somewhere to mix work with pleasure at Blue Horizon Resort can cater for all tastes.The resort’s modern, Balinese inspired 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 3 or 4 bedroom top floor luxury jacuzzi penthouses offer spacious balconies with views over the Coral Sea. With an emphasis on comfort and warm friendly service at Blue Horizon Resort is your home away from home.With the beautiful Whitsunday weather you can choose to relax in the heated spa, rise early to take advantage of the fully equipped gymnasium or relax poolside. The toddler wading pool and play room helps to keep little ones occupied while the Horizon heated swimming pool provides year round fun for all. Our onsite tour desk will assist you to choose the perfect activity to make your Whitsunday experience a memorable one, from a romantic secluded island beach picnic to a thrill seeking parachute jump our dedicated team can make it happen.at Blue Horizon Resort is the perfect spot for small to medium sized conferences, boasting a large, modern, dedicated conference room with state of the art audio visual equipment, broadband internet access, and versatile choice of room configurations at Blue Horizon Resort presents itself as a resort focused on driving business results. at Blue Horizon Resort, located a short walk from Airlie Beach village is the ideal base for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Apartments
- Blue Horizon Resort Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands