We really can't complain too much as we booked three nights of the mystery hotel with Wotif, so we didn't pay very much. That said, I wouldn't want to pay the rack rate.
First, be very careful driving into the reception area. The lane way is too steep for the road and the bumpers and tailgates of most vehicles will catch on the road. The road is quite scarred by these incidents. Then, when you actually make it to the parking area, it is quite tight and really meant for small cars. If you have anything bigger than a mid size, you probably will have difficulty parking.
Second, it is a very stripped down property from a services perspective. If you want a towel for the pool, they are five dollars each. If you lose your card key or don't return it, they want fifty dollars for a replacement (most places nowadays don't event care if you return them....!)
Third, the reception desk is not really open very often. 9-3 on weekends and holidays. Our room wasn't supplied with any coffee or tea but we left for activities each day before 9 and never got back until after three.
There appears to be a bar or cafe area off of the pool but it never seemed to be open during our three night stay. It is a good km or so into the actual town of Airlie Beach and that is the nearest place to stock p on snacks or supplies. The property could probably do with having a few snack machines installed.
It is about a ten minute walk to the Port of Airlie and there are a couple of decent coffee places in that complex. The nearest restaurant is a Thai place next to Blue Horizons and there is a Moroccan restaurant in the port complex.
The couch and chairs in the living room are incredibly uncomfortable and I think they are meant to be outdoor furniture for a pool area (and probably meant to have better cushions!)
I also found it odd that it was the tenants' responsibility to empty all the garbage bins otherwise there would be a cleaning charge levied against the bill.
The room itself was pleasant enough for the price we paid but I found it strange that the movie guide for the tv was more than a month out of date. All said and done, we will probably stay at Airlie Summit or the Boathouse the next time we go to Airlie rather than return to Blue Horizon. And I almost forgot to mention that there was a one AM evacuation because someone set off the fire alarm by smoking in the hallway ( strangely, only a small number of tenants actually evacuated...it looked like a lot of people just went out onto their balconies...good thing it wasn't a real fire! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- at Blue Horizon Resort creates the perfect setting for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday holiday. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a family friendly destination, or somewhere to mix work with pleasure at Blue Horizon Resort can cater for all tastes.The resort’s modern, Balinese inspired 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 3 or 4 bedroom top floor luxury jacuzzi penthouses offer spacious balconies with views over the Coral Sea. With an emphasis on comfort and warm friendly service at Blue Horizon Resort is your home away from home.With the beautiful Whitsunday weather you can choose to relax in the heated spa, rise early to take advantage of the fully equipped gymnasium or relax poolside. The toddler wading pool and play room helps to keep little ones occupied while the Horizon heated swimming pool provides year round fun for all. Our onsite tour desk will assist you to choose the perfect activity to make your Whitsunday experience a memorable one, from a romantic secluded island beach picnic to a thrill seeking parachute jump our dedicated team can make it happen.at Blue Horizon Resort is the perfect spot for small to medium sized conferences, boasting a large, modern, dedicated conference room with state of the art audio visual equipment, broadband internet access, and versatile choice of room configurations at Blue Horizon Resort presents itself as a resort focused on driving business results. at Blue Horizon Resort, located a short walk from Airlie Beach village is the ideal base for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Apartments
- Blue Horizon Resort Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands