“Nice pizza pity about the customer service”

Il Forno Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Il Forno is a family run business with a new management. At Il Forno we specialise in Roman style Pizza which has a soft but crunchy thin base. We follow the traditional way of Pizza making which does not grant the use of any machinery for the handling of the dough, not even a rolling pin can be used. We do it the old way, by hand! At Il Forno you will find a little corner of Italy where the owner and staff are Italians. To ensure a true Italian Pizza to our customers we import a lot of our ingredients and the local ingredients we use are made by Italians here in Australia.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I ordered my second pizza last night and after picking it up I began a short journey back to my hotel room. It was pouring rain and I fell and not only hurt my back but lost my pizza on the ground. A lovely lady josie from beach après restaurant helped me up and rang the staff at il forno to try and get another pizza made. The answer was no. Considering the cost of making a pizza and in the name of kindness, I don't think it would have been that hard to do the right thing. It is up to the reader to decide whether this was fair or not. The pizza is good, expensive but good quality but it takes more than good food to win my vote.

1  Thank Brisgirl_11

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Yum Yum Yum!! We ate here twice in the 5 nights we were at Palm cove and tried to go there for lunch (unfortunately they weren't open though :( . Great views of the sea and beautiful meleluca trees all around. Perfect for kids to as it is located in a courtyard so lots of room for restless ones to run around safely. Fast service, loved the range of Pizza Biancas (without tomato base) - I had the mushroom and anchovie - yumm! Highly recommend Il forno for fast delicious pizza in a lively friendly environment. If you are after a romantic experience I would suggest take away and picnic on the sea front!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very home style atmosphere restaurant with awesome pizza!!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Palm Cove for 6 days, and we had dinner at Il Forno three of those nights. This was the best pizza I have ever had. And Kieren and his staff were awesome!!!!! And the view is awesome too. I wish I could find a pizza that good in the states!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very busy - but excellent advice and help - the food was quick in coming and the service very friendly