“Lift your game”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Far Horizons Restaurant - CLOSED

Far Horizons Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our ‘One Chef's Hat' Far Horizons Restaurant (awarded in 2012 & 2013) and Best Wine list awarded by Gourmet Traveler in 2012 is the only venue in Palm Cove on the absolute beachfront. Enjoy a lazy breakfast, long lunch, sunset cocktails or a relaxed dinner. This award winning restaurant offers a menu leaning towards classic contemporary cuisine and features the finest local produce available.
Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lift your game”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We dined at Far Horizon on Christmas night and were very disappointed in the experience, the scallop dish I had was over cooked and not nice, my wife enjoyed her entree, I had an eye fillet with a side of mash ( my wife the Duck) and both mains were cold including the mash, the steak had been sitting as it was dry on the outside thankfully it was medium rare inside, the dessert my wife ordered ( banana cheesecake crepe) would have to be one of the worst desserts I have seen in a quality hotel something you would expect at Sizzler. We decided not to return any of the food as there were very long waits for service and we really didnt want the night to drag on. Since there was a 15% premium on the bill I expected the service to be of a good standard, even though the service staff were very pleasant we and everyone around us had to wait a long time for food.This restaurant has the best location in Palm Cove but sadly some of the worst food ! This was my third and final visit ( I am a Local ) Will stick to Nu Nu and Vivo in future.

1 Thank AndrewRUK01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Feilding, New Zealand
“Delish with a fab view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Yummy food, fast, friendly service & excellent views. Full panoramic view of the beach & palm trees, it was very relaxing

1 Thank Hayley J
GMAGBR, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Hayley J
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

and that is the reason we were there. The service was very hit and miss but the food was acceptable. Would probably return purely for the setting/view.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 123free
Dear 123free
Thank you for your comments on your recent experience. I a glad you enjoyed your meal and sorry the service fell short of your expectations on this occasion. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Disappointing breakfast. For the breathtaking location you would expect a lot better. The breakfast is something you would get from a cheap cafe. Basic meals with no wow factor.

Dear Laura B
Thank you for your comments on your recent dining experience. I am sorry to hear you found the breakfast was not upto your expectations. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so we can provide you with a meal that does meet your expectations.
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We love going here when we are in Palm Cove, the setting is just beautiful, right by the beach and the service is great. The menu has changed since we were here last and the prices were raised but the food is always amazing and so are the cocktails.

Dear Travel_and_Try
Thank you for taking the time to write your review I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent dining experience and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.