“Our 42nd Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Far Horizons Restaurant - CLOSED

Far Horizons Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our ‘One Chef's Hat' Far Horizons Restaurant (awarded in 2012 & 2013) and Best Wine list awarded by Gourmet Traveler in 2012 is the only venue in Palm Cove on the absolute beachfront. Enjoy a lazy breakfast, long lunch, sunset cocktails or a relaxed dinner. This award winning restaurant offers a menu leaning towards classic contemporary cuisine and features the finest local produce available.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Now...this Restaurant has class!
Our 42 Wedding Anniversary dinner was intimate, was most appealing in everything we saw, showed some class without being to anal about that class look and focused on the customer being us and everyone else!
The waiters were calm, seemed to be friendly without being "over the top" for that tip....just right.
The food was very good.. Had 1 dozen oysters (nice size too) between the 2 of us. Wife had 3 lamb roast (3 different types of lamb cooked with veggies) I had Vanilla Roast Pork (with crackling), no sweets but I had a 15 year Single malt and Wife had a Baily's.....just to settle the stomach.....that was our excuse.
Costs were reasonable for this type of restaurant ($130+)...and yes we left a tip!

GMAGBR, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Aundry W B
Many Congratulations and Thankyou for taking the time to submit a review on your recent dining experience at Far Horizons.
It is most pleasing that you had a fabulous 42nd Anniversary dinner and tha the food and service were just to your liking.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a leisurely lunch here on a Saturday. The food was very good and the staff welcoming and friendly. Thanks to Steve for great table service and taking photos of us tourists! Recommended for a nice afternoon. Go for the lemon chicken bagels and yummy hand-cut chips!

GMAGBR, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Sus M
Thank you for tasking the time to write a review on Far Horizons. I am glad you enjoyed your afternoon also the food and service. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back

Nicholas MAson

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hi
We would like to thank the staff at Far Horizons, Palm Cove for their service and friendship and also going out of their way to help and assist and made sure each experience there was a pleasant one. We would also like to ensure that Regagi, Bernard, Ivana, Charlotte, Lucy and Sisceelya receive the acknowledgement they so deserve. Each of them have made the Restaurant a pleasure to return too which we have done several times during our stay at Palm Cove for the last 2 weeks.
The food experience was a delight, our compliments to the chefs. Hope we get to see all of the staff next year when we return for 3 weeks. The staff also made my husbands birthday a special event, cake and all. We also enjoyed a lunch there with special friends one being the Director of Tropical Far North Queensland Tourism he was on another planet and enjoyed the experience soooo! Much
Kind regards
Graeme and Roz Simpson
411 Tumgarra Place
Lavington
NSW
Contact Graeme 0412 572 944
Roz. 0438 444155
Cannot wait to return to this great Restaurant.

Dear Roz S
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and comments on your recent experiences at Far Horizons.
I am delighted that you had such a fabulous time and obviously continued to visit the restaurant during your time in the Far North. I am also very pleased Mr Simpsons Birthday celebration was all you wished for.
I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back next year when you return again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Eating at Far Horizons was the highlight of Palm Cove for me...the view was amazing...we sat out in the open air to eat our meal...the service was top notch! and the food was delicious...I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone!!

Dear Kirsten S
Thank you for taking the time to write you review of Far Horizons. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable dining experience enjoying both the food and service. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This looked like a great place for dinner so booked a table outside. It is a prime location and in daylight would have lovely views. They have inside and outdoor dining.
Our waitress brought menus promptly and took our drinks order. The price of sparkling wine was quite reasonable(I think $9 per glass considering where we were. And the glass was full! ).Wine was more expensive in the café across the road at $9 for a half glass!
We were served two small pieces of bread with balsamic vinegar and oil whilst we waited. We also had a tasting spoon of something in a mousse - tasty but not sure what it was. When we ordered I asked if the lamb dish ( lamb 3 ways I think) was a large meal as can often be. The waitress said it was a smallish meal and if I was very hungry (which I wasn't then) probably would not be adequate on it's own. I decided not to order side dishes. My husband ordered a "special" which was pork fillet with a few different garnishes.
Our meals took about 40 minutes to arrive! We were starving. When mine arrived I was a bit shocked how small it was. When we started eating my lamb was cold but I was so hungry I decided not to send it back but persevere. The waitress came to ask if everything was OK. I told her the jus on the dish was tasty but my lamb was cold. She said the lamb is served rare (which they didn't ask how I wanted it) and that's why the dish could be cold. I think it was hanging around in the kitchen waiting to be collected for service!) She asked if I wanted it re-heated but I declined as we wouldn't be eating together and I couldn't wait. She asked my husband was he happy with his dish and he said he was.
We didn't order coffee or deserts. We were disappointed and had these somewhere else. My husband had a sandwich back at our hotel as the meal wasn't enough to satisfy him.
This is not a cheap place to eat and although it is a nice location I would not recommend due to poor food quality and slow service.
Their reviews are mixed so perhaps we were unlucky, but we don't go back somewhere if we have a bad experience.

Dear Evertravelling,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Far Horizons.
I am pleased you enjoyed the setting and felt the beverage prices were reasonable. I am concerned about your lamb dish not living up to your expectations or our normal high standards
and for this I do sincerely apologise.
I hope to have the opportunity to show you our normal level of food standards when you next visit the region.