“Location was amazing Food was good but Service could be better”
Review of Far Horizons Restaurant - CLOSED

Far Horizons Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our ‘One Chef's Hat' Far Horizons Restaurant (awarded in 2012 & 2013) and Best Wine list awarded by Gourmet Traveler in 2012 is the only venue in Palm Cove on the absolute beachfront. Enjoy a lazy breakfast, long lunch, sunset cocktails or a relaxed dinner. This award winning restaurant offers a menu leaning towards classic contemporary cuisine and features the finest local produce available.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is by far the most atmospheric restaurant around. It is right on the beach and the sound of the ocean is the only music needed. We went for my parents 55th wedding anniversary which I mentioned at booking. We sat at a lovely table (they all are!) outside and ordered a bottle of wine. We then waited for an hour and a half for our main course. My parents aren't used to eating so late so it wasn't ideal for them. The head waiter was quite apologetic and we were given complimentary coffee which was very nice of them but even though the food was good it did spoil the night for my parents. Having said that, we will be back because the ambience is perfect and hopefully the service just a glitch!

1  Thank realitychick
nmpc, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear RealityChick
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent dining experience and for choosing Far Horizons for such an important occassion. I am pleased you enjoyed the location and the food that you received. My apologies that you had to wait so long for your mains. This is most unusual and I will certainly look into it. I hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were initially attracted to the ambience of this restaurant externally. It is beautifully done, with a mix of colonial elegance and modern finishes, including David Trubridge pendant lights. I was a little concerned about taking our 3.5 year old as it looked so lovely but she's pretty well behaved and they advertised a kids menu so we thought we'd chance it. They were very welcoming and fantastic with her. Their kids menu was also half the price of anywhere else we ate in Palm Cove. We felt that it was good value compared to other restaurants. For $115, we had oysters (him), steamed greens (me), both Barramundi mains, kids meal, 3 non alcoholic drinks and 2 premium beers. We ensured we tipped well as the service was excellent. We would definitely go back again. Actually we did go back for coffee the next morning!

nmpc, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review on your recent experience at Far Horizons. I am so pleased you enjoyed your selves and the food we provided. I am especially pleased that you found the restaurant to be good value and enjoyed the service that we provided. Thank you also for returning the following day. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The swaying palm trees, the sparkling sea and the white colonial decor are all very seductive but not enough of a distraction to overcome the poor service and food. Each time we have been here the service and food has declined. My duck curry was not freshly made as was evident by the film on the top (and I don't mean glad wrap). A shame as it is the prettiest venue in the best location. This place used to have a great reputation amongst us locals - but not anymore. Such a shame.

Dear Rhonda,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review to Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the setting and décor and ambience of the Restaurant.
I was however very concerned to hear of you disappointment on the Duck Curry, Especially as we don't have a duck curry on our menu and have not had Duck Curry on the menu since February 2013.
In February we changed the Kitchen Brigade and many of the floor staff as well. Our new Restaurant Manager and Exec Chef would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back and show you what the new team is capable of.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This restaurant has the pick of locations in Palm Cove. Just a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. Great for evening drinks and brekky!
Good Value and Great Location!

1  Thank Sharon_Wildlife
nmpc, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent dining experience at Far Horizons. I am pleased you had a pleasant time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Can't say enough good things about the location of Far Horizons, just beautiful, the food was fantastic and it was very relaxing dining, thank you!

nmpc, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for postings your review on Far Horizons. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time
with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.