“No atmosphere, menu average.”
Review of Casmar Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Casmar Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casmar Restaurant & Bar is the only restaurant in Palm Cove that has a balcony with stunning views. Situated upstairs, it boasts privacy and entertainment for whatever occasion. Lunch, dinner, birthdays or weddings. Trading hours are Wed-Sun 12pm-late. So call us and make a booking, or, simply pop in and enjoy the great food and relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When we arrived at this restaurant, there was only one other couple in it. There was no atmosphere, no music, only one waiter in attendance. One of our party did not get the entrée he ordered. The main meals were very average, my Lamb Shanks fell off the bone as expected, but could have been much more tasty and the rice that was served with it was not hot. The waiter started clearing the empty tables of cutlery and serviettes whilst we were still eating our meal ready for closure.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Limited menu - good food and acceptable service - the decor is dated. My steak was slightly over cooked. My wife's fish was nice

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner as soon as Casmar opened for the evening, so we had good service as it was quiet. We sat on the deck which was nice, but they do have flashing strip lighting, and I think that was the reason that one couple left straight away. We ordered the seafood platter and it was divine! If you like the battered , fried platter built up with nothing but chips, then this is not for you! This seafood platter was fresh, beautifully cooked and presented, and honestly the best seafood platter I have ever seen! Great value in Palm Cove for $95. A must!

1  Thank Ged71
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My fiancée and I had the seafood platter, the bugs absolutely melted in my mouth! The best seafood platter I've ever eaten! Lovely hospitality and lovely food! I was extremely impressed!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Casmar Restaurant on the 14th June and enjoyed an excellent meal. The young french waiter was attentive and very helpful. A most enjoyable evening and will be back before we finish our holiday in Palm Cove.