“Good food”
Review of Casmar Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Casmar Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Australian, Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Casmar Restaurant & Bar is the only restaurant in Palm Cove that has a balcony with stunning views. Situated upstairs, it boasts privacy and entertainment for whatever occasion. Lunch, dinner, birthdays or weddings. Trading hours are Wed-Sun 12pm-late. So call us and make a booking, or, simply pop in and enjoy the great food and relaxing atmosphere.
Sydney, Australia
“Good food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Limited menu - good food and acceptable service - the decor is dated. My steak was slightly over cooked. My wife's fish was nice

Visited May 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Very classy seafood platter”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner as soon as Casmar opened for the evening, so we had good service as it was quiet. We sat on the deck which was nice, but they do have flashing strip lighting, and I think that was the reason that one couple left straight away. We ordered the seafood platter and it was divine! If you like the battered , fried platter built up with nothing but chips, then this is not for you! This seafood platter was fresh, beautifully cooked and presented, and honestly the best seafood platter I have ever seen! Great value in Palm Cove for $95. A must!

1 Thank Ged71
“The best food in all Queensland!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My fiancée and I had the seafood platter, the bugs absolutely melted in my mouth! The best seafood platter I've ever eaten! Lovely hospitality and lovely food! I was extremely impressed!

Hawkesbay
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Casmar Restaurant on the 14th June and enjoyed an excellent meal. The young french waiter was attentive and very helpful. A most enjoyable evening and will be back before we finish our holiday in Palm Cove.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Superb seafood platter - but otherwise ordinary”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor reviews we visited the Casmar especially for their seafood platter for two - and we agree it was great! If that was the only criterion, then we'd give the Casmar 5-stars.

The restaurant is well located, halfway along the esplanade, above the convenience store called Pete's Place. It has a great view of the beach, but so do many other Palm Cove restaurants, and Casmar is let down by the very basic decor. Frankly it's overdue for a major renovation and upgrade.

• Visited May 2013