“best in palm cove”
Review of Sammy's - CLOSED

Sammy's
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have outdoor and indoor seating that overlooks the ocean at Palm Cove. Your furry friends are welcome in the outdoor seating which is undercover. We are now open for Dinner 7 nights a week with lunch 5 days a week and breakfast from 0800 on the weekends. Sammy's Place is specializing in, if it is not on the menu but we can make what you want we will do it. We do not have a child menu as such as Sammy believes that your kiddies like to eat what you eat. We will make a smaller serve for you. We do sell chips and ice-cream for the kids if they would like that. Our coffee is rainforest alliance from Caffe Aurora and we are the first cafe/restaurant out of Brisbane to have this beautiful smooth blend. We have free wifi and a lounge inside to sit on relax, enjoy your coffee and light lunch or muffin. Sammy and her team look forward to meeting you and so hope you enjoy your time with us and Palm Cove. We really are so lucky living and working in such an amazing piece of country.
Melbourne, Australia
“best in palm cove”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My brother and I recently stayed in Palm cove and decided to have a light lunch at Sammys. We went for the soup of the day which was a freshly home made chinese chicken and sweet corn soup. We both agreed that this was the best soup we had ever tasted. Came with lovely crusty fresh bread. Very reasonably priced, wonderful ambience with beach view and very friendly customer orientated service. Coffee was excellent. Other sister and brother went there on our last morning in palm cove and were equally impressed. In my opinion, this is the best place to eat in a strip that has quite a few over priced and very average restaurants. Thanks Sammy and Damien and all the best!!

1 Thank Maria T

Smithfield, Australia
“good coffee”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Relaxing coffee enjoyed on a sunny autumn morning. Loud local lycra ladies on next table were a bit off-putting with their negative general 'bagging' talk..bit of a mood spoiler. Owner was pleasant & nice views. Food looked pretty good & I do like to try all the places PC has to offer.

2 Thank jjessie_e
Wollongong, Australia
“Best prices in Palm Cove”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If price is important to you then Sammy's is quite good . It is a cafe enviroment for breakfast, coffee and lunch . A small menu not a lot to chose from. Though Sammy will make what ever you ask for off the menu, so don't hesitate to ask for something different. We did and it was great!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Leanne M
Cairns, Australia
“Absolutely beautiful”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I went to Sammy's for lunch with my family and twin sister on Saturday for our birthday. My sister had organised with Sammy (the owner) to have a few tasting plates on the day so we could experience a variety of food. Well we were most certainly not disappointed. The calamari was my personal favourite. It melted in your mouth and was cooked to perfection. In fact it was the best calamari I have ever eaten. The home made mayonnaise and dipping sauces were absolutely delicious and the presentation of the all of the meals was 5 star. Sammy was born to be in hospitality. Her level of service and attention to detail was outstanding. Not once did we have to ask for anything she was on the ball every step of the way. Sammy's personality is also a winner she makes you feel comfortable and welcome as soon as you enter the cafe. I would highly recommend Sammy's for the food, atmosphere and service. Good on you Sammy 5 stars from me :-)

SammysPlace, Owner at Sammy's, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you so much for a wonderful time that I had with you and your family. Damian and I enjoyed looking after you for your Birthday. I am so pleased that we made your Birthday and enjoyable experience. It is so nice seeing people enjoying time with their family, talking laughing, eating and drinking.

I will agree that the calamari is delicious.

See you next year for your next birthday :)

Take care and any time you are in Palm Cove it will be our pleasure seeing you and your family at Sammy's Place .
Narara
“Good Value”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Family breakfast - good, quick service and very nice feed, with options for picky kids.
Spanish omelette, poached and scrambled eggs, croissants all great. Fresh squeezed juice and various coffees in a nice location opposite the beach.
Can recommend!