“A blissful retreat”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Palm Cove
Brisbane, Australia
“A blissful retreat”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Whilst the resort has a fabulous location right on the beach, amazing pool and very comfortable units, one of the best things about the resort is the staff. They were all very friendly, very willing to arrange our every request and make our stay as pleasant and stress free as possible.
Palm Cover is very laid back and provides lots of restaurants, drinking holes and delightful streetscapes to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yvonne F
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Yvonne F,
Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our staff and for sharing your experience on-line. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mantra Amphora Palm Cove.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next holiday in TNQ.
Lisa Knowlson, General Manager Mantra Amphora Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights in March, resort is in great location, easy walk to restaurants, beach etc. Pool and gardens lovely and clean and when we visited had the pool to ourselves a lot of the time which was lovely. Check in and out was easy and hassle free. Trying to find your room was a bit confusing - read the map reception provide and lugging suitcases up stairs was not ideal. Room size was okay - not as large as other 1 bedroom apartments we have stayed in. Now for the downside - kitchen bench was really grotty and frypan had obviously not been cleaned from previous guests. The bedspread was covered in stains - yuk - this was thrown on the floor and not used at all by us. Cobwebs everywhere also. We stayed at two Mantra properties on this trip and the standard of housekeeping was quite poor in both resorts compared to the outdoors areas. If Mantra can improve their housekeeping would be lovely place to holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa1162
Dear Lisa 1162,

Firstly, my apologizes that on this occassion our level of service has let us down and impacted on your holiday.

In order to constructively address this matter, I invite you to contact myself so that I can determine which room you stayed in, allowing me to ensure the issues are recetified for the next guest. I am available by calling 07 4059 8100 or at lisa.knowlson@mantra.com.au

Lisa Knowlson General Manager Mantra Amphora Resort
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the Mantra Amphora Palm Cove for four nights on a special package. Very economical. Had a great room overlooking the pool, perfect,. Staff are friendly and keen to make sure you enjoy your stay,
Especially liked the little library they have put together with books from previous guests, I read my way through 2 books while sitting around the pool.
Rooms well appointed, everything you could need, reception will arrange transfers to the airport for you, and attached, but not part of the resort, is a lovely restaurant called Vivo's
which is very convenient,
hard to beat for price, comfort and service!!!

Room Tip: we had room 336, a one bedroomed apartment, It is up 3 flights of stairs people, but we got fitter a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aus3
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Aus3,
5 stars - thank you for your wonderful 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at Mantra Amphora and our staff excelled at meeting your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next holiday in Tropical North Queensland.
Lisa Knowlson - General Manager, Mantra Amphora
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend with our daughter and 18 month old granddaughter. We arrived late at night and after-hours checkin procedure went smoothly. We LOVED staying here. Spacious kitchen and living area along with the in-room laundry facility were just the accommodations we were looking for. The location couldn't have been better and the pool was lovely. Very easy to get to from Cairns airport. Can't say enough nice things about the Mantra Amphora. Will stay here when we return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt and Jackie... C
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Dear Matt and Jackie C,
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Indeed our accommodation rooms are very spacious and the resort provides a convenient platfrom to explore all that the region has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Amphora when you next holiday in Tropical North Queensland.
Lisa Knowlson, General Manager - Mantra Amphora
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Mantra apartments for 4 nights and although I hardly stayed indoors I had a wonderful experience. I had tours booked for most of my stay and it was great to know that the pick was available from this hotel.

I hired a car from Cairns airport and drove to Palm Cove, it's such a pleasant drive and there is parking available at the hotel too. On the first day I dropped my luggage at the hotel and the checkin was very quick and easy, although finding my room was a little difficult! Once I dropped my luggage, I drove to Port Douglas, which again was a lovely scenic drive. Palm cove is located in between Cairns and Port Douglas, I highly recommend you stop at the beaches in between and have a walk on the sand. It's beautiful.

There is a lovely cafe at the end of the Esplanade, called 'The Chill Cafe' that made one of the best flat whites I have tasted, not forgetting the coffee art the owner designed (photo).

The waters had jelly fish so I didn't go in much, other than dipping my feet at the beach. The beach is beautiful however.

Checkout was simple, just handed in the key. I didn't need to contact the hotel staff during my stay and nor did I use any of the other facilities, such as the spa and the pool.

Overall, a great place to stop for a short or long break in Palm Cove, which doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Meera404
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Miromura,
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you found the resort's location perfect for your busy holiday schedule. Indeed our acommodation rooms are well priced and with full kitchen facilities in all (excluding Hotel Rooms) this allows you to save and spend your money on enjoying all the region has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends when you next travel to TNQ.
Hamilton
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was after a place with everything at my fingertips to do absolutely nothing as I needed a total rest and was travelling on own. This is a big complex with a variety of accommodation, from Hotel style room (which I had) King bed, toaster and jug and little fridge. There are also apartments, one or two bedroom. (Maybe even 3, am unsure). I was up on the third floor which overlooked the whole complex and very close to Reception. The room was nicely fitted out and I booked it through lastminute.com.au. Great rates on this site. The pool area is huge and the pool has different levels of depth, great for kids. There were quite a few children but that was fine for me. There were plenty of deck lounger chairs grouped all around the pool area so you could move to an area where there were no children if thats what you wanted. The people in Palm Cove were very friendly, its a really pretty place. January/February is there low season as there are a lot of jelly fish so you must swim in the designated swimmer area in a big boom net which has a life quard. I swam at our pool complex instead but enjoyed walking the beach. There are some fabulous Spas close by.
Angsana and The Reef House. There is also one at Peppers which I did not try. Both the spas treatments were great. There are little supermarkets which you can pick up bits and pieces you might like but do try the amazing restaurants, the food is amongst the best I have tried around the world. Enjoy.

Room Tip: At the back of the complex closer to Reception and upstairs, 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FayzHamilton
Dear FayzHamilton,
A wonderful 5 star review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Mantra Amphora Palm Cove experience. Certainly the properties flexible accommodation styles allow us to cater for all styles of holidays makers from couples to large families or groups. Complimented by our large freeform pool, it is the perfect location to enjoy all that the area has to offer within a short stroll.
We hope to welcome you back to Mantra Amphora.
Melton Mowbray, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Having never been up towards Cairns on my various holidays in Australia I decided to look into it for this trip. After looking around the various places I settled on the Mantra Amphora in Palm Cove as it looked great on the website and the area looked great to. As I was travelling with a couple of friends I decided to book the dual key room option with ocean view. Upon arriving at the resort the room wasn't ready as we were hours early, but the staff were very helpful offering us a place to change if we wanted to use the pool or leave our bags. Walking through the complex I was very pleased to see the size of the pool and the pool area and the place in general looked great. When we got our rooms later on I was very surprised at just how big they were. The living area for the shared rooms was very big, the balcony had a great view of the tree lined beach and the bedrooms were a nice size too, the hotel room having a spa bath with a nice opening shutter between the bathroom and bedroom.

I had a great 5 days at Palm Cove and the Mantra Amphora definitely helped with that, and if I ever travel up that way again I shall definitely be trying to stay there again, I would recommend this place to anyone heading that way.

Room Tip: If ravelling with more than just a couple, the dual key is a great option
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Glenowal,
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star rated experience with us!
Our ocen view apartments without a doubt offer a stunning view over beautiful Palm Cove beach and I am pleased that you enjoyed the layout and size of this room. All rooms from our 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom apartments indeed allow plenty of room to move.
I will certainly pass your comments onto our team who appericate positive feedback on their customer service delivery.
All the best and regards