“Peaceful getaway”
Review of Mantra Amphora

Mantra Amphora
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Palm Cove
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Mantra apartments for 4 nights and although I hardly stayed indoors I had a wonderful experience. I had tours booked for most of my stay and it was great to know that the pick was available from this hotel.

I hired a car from Cairns airport and drove to Palm Cove, it's such a pleasant drive and there is parking available at the hotel too. On the first day I dropped my luggage at the hotel and the checkin was very quick and easy, although finding my room was a little difficult! Once I dropped my luggage, I drove to Port Douglas, which again was a lovely scenic drive. Palm cove is located in between Cairns and Port Douglas, I highly recommend you stop at the beaches in between and have a walk on the sand. It's beautiful.

There is a lovely cafe at the end of the Esplanade, called 'The Chill Cafe' that made one of the best flat whites I have tasted, not forgetting the coffee art the owner designed (photo).

The waters had jelly fish so I didn't go in much, other than dipping my feet at the beach. The beach is beautiful however.

Checkout was simple, just handed in the key. I didn't need to contact the hotel staff during my stay and nor did I use any of the other facilities, such as the spa and the pool.

Overall, a great place to stop for a short or long break in Palm Cove, which doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Meera404
Lisa K, General Manager at Mantra Amphora, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Miromura,
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you found the resort's location perfect for your busy holiday schedule. Indeed our acommodation rooms are well priced and with full kitchen facilities in all (excluding Hotel Rooms) this allows you to save and spend your money on enjoying all the region has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends when you next travel to TNQ.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was after a place with everything at my fingertips to do absolutely nothing as I needed a total rest and was travelling on own. This is a big complex with a variety of accommodation, from Hotel style room (which I had) King bed, toaster and jug and little fridge. There are also apartments, one or two bedroom. (Maybe even 3, am unsure). I was up on the third floor which overlooked the whole complex and very close to Reception. The room was nicely fitted out and I booked it through lastminute.com.au. Great rates on this site. The pool area is huge and the pool has different levels of depth, great for kids. There were quite a few children but that was fine for me. There were plenty of deck lounger chairs grouped all around the pool area so you could move to an area where there were no children if thats what you wanted. The people in Palm Cove were very friendly, its a really pretty place. January/February is there low season as there are a lot of jelly fish so you must swim in the designated swimmer area in a big boom net which has a life quard. I swam at our pool complex instead but enjoyed walking the beach. There are some fabulous Spas close by.
Angsana and The Reef House. There is also one at Peppers which I did not try. Both the spas treatments were great. There are little supermarkets which you can pick up bits and pieces you might like but do try the amazing restaurants, the food is amongst the best I have tried around the world. Enjoy.

Room Tip: At the back of the complex closer to Reception and upstairs, 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FayzHamilton

Dear FayzHamilton,
A wonderful 5 star review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Mantra Amphora Palm Cove experience. Certainly the properties flexible accommodation styles allow us to cater for all styles of holidays makers from couples to large families or groups. Complimented by our large freeform pool, it is the perfect location to enjoy all that the area has to offer within a short stroll.
We hope to welcome you back to Mantra Amphora.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Having never been up towards Cairns on my various holidays in Australia I decided to look into it for this trip. After looking around the various places I settled on the Mantra Amphora in Palm Cove as it looked great on the website and the area looked great to. As I was travelling with a couple of friends I decided to book the dual key room option with ocean view. Upon arriving at the resort the room wasn't ready as we were hours early, but the staff were very helpful offering us a place to change if we wanted to use the pool or leave our bags. Walking through the complex I was very pleased to see the size of the pool and the pool area and the place in general looked great. When we got our rooms later on I was very surprised at just how big they were. The living area for the shared rooms was very big, the balcony had a great view of the tree lined beach and the bedrooms were a nice size too, the hotel room having a spa bath with a nice opening shutter between the bathroom and bedroom.

I had a great 5 days at Palm Cove and the Mantra Amphora definitely helped with that, and if I ever travel up that way again I shall definitely be trying to stay there again, I would recommend this place to anyone heading that way.

Room Tip: If ravelling with more than just a couple, the dual key is a great option
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Glenowal,
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star rated experience with us!
Our ocen view apartments without a doubt offer a stunning view over beautiful Palm Cove beach and I am pleased that you enjoyed the layout and size of this room. All rooms from our 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom apartments indeed allow plenty of room to move.
I will certainly pass your comments onto our team who appericate positive feedback on their customer service delivery.
All the best and regards

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Just last weekend we stayed at this property with our 2 children 6 and 9 and another family of 3 children 9,6,3 years old.

Upon checking in we got a little confused with where our room was. So read your map well and take the right stairs to your block!

We were in a two bedroom dual-key apartment. The rooms were very spacious and open aired. All the facilities presented neat and tidy with ample amounts of tea/coffee/toilet paper etc. One room had a spa with the opening to view the TV which the children claimed immediately! Yes the beds are quite hard and seems to be the case with many Mantra properties I have stayed at....but i believe this was probably one of the better ones. The property staff were very friendly and helpful but to be honest we didn't require their help throughout the 4 days as everything needed was provided and in great working order other than the oven that had seemed to be missed being cleaned and a dining chair that broke when sat on.

The pool was a great size and split into 2 pools. One smaller down the end has the cooler water. The pool was great for all ages as there was many large shallow areas for the babies and deeper areas for the children who were keen swimmers.

The location of the property is basically in the centre of Trinity Beach and right across the road is the beach. About 100 metres or less is the stinger nets and guard watch. All around the area are wonderful restaurants, all with great food and many choices.

We all spent days just hanging around the pool relaxing, whipping across to the beach and then checking out some of the boutique shops. The kids all had a great time it was a very family friendly resort. The resort did seem especially quiet but most of the rooms were filled with other families as well.

Room Tip: I would recommend this property, my tip would be to ask for a corner apartment on ground floor where...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Petrina M

Dear Petrina M,
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed Mantra Amphora's poolside area and conveniant location. With large self contained accommodation available across all three levels of the property there is certainly something suitable for all tastes and needs. Our staff are only too happy to consider all location request and will always do their best to met these.
My apologizes for the missed maitenance and housekeeping items in the room and these concerns have been addressed with our team members.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Amphora.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Great front desk staff. Helped us with tours and transportation. Condo units well maint6ained and very clean. Pool was great. We didn't have children with us but it would have been a great pool for kids.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Lin L,
Wonderful to read that our staff looked after you well during your stay. As the region offers a large array of tours and attractions, it is great to use of staff's local, reliable and honest knowledge to ensure that the most suitable tour is booked for your enjoyment.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed at the Mantra Amphora for 4 nights from 9 Jan with two kids (6mths and 2.5yrs). We got a great deal online offering one night for free and we couldn't fault our stay. Mantra happily changed rooms for us when arrived so we could be in a 2brm suite. We overlooked the pool area and palm trees up on the 3rd floor and it was surprisingly quiet even at night. The pool is magnificent and great for young kids, its so big as to never feel crowded. The suggestion to buy groceries through Coles online was such a great idea because it saved us lugging nappies and baby food with us and it was so nice to have fresh food on hand for the week. We are already planning a return visit in September with friends and we can't wait.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Keano75
Reviewed January 14, 2012

A splendid complex of rooms and apartments. All those we saw were very well appointed and comfortable (apart perhaps from rather hard beds which do your back no favours).. If you’re staying for more than a few days, you may value the considerable extra space that an apartment offers – we certainly did. Be aware that both rooms and apartments are (unless separately arranged) only serviced on a weekly basis. That’s OK for an apartment where you have kitchen facilities, but could present a problem in a room with nowhere to wash out cups and mugs.

Two tips: (i) the nearby Casmar restaurant is excellent – one of the best in the resort; (ii) if you have your own transport, it’s worth having a look at Kewarra Beach, just a few miles down the coast – much more natural, much larger, and virtually no one there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple