Our group of 2 adults and 2 teenagers stayed in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment. It was very spacious and had a well equipped kitchen. However there was minimal bench space and no space at all to store the food that we bought.
The shower in the main bathroom was over a bath that was high and deep so hard to access and lacked a curtain so water sprayed all over the floor.
The beds were very comfortable but the curtains were sheer and let in both daylight and the night lighting outside or room.
The lighting in the apartment was so bad that we could not see the food on the table at dinner time or read inside the apartment - we had to ask for lamps to go beside the beds and removed the light shades so that we could see.
A BBQ was provided for the use of guests but did not work properly and despite daily requests to the staff, was not fixed satisfactorily.
We were promised a downstairs apartment but upon checkin [after hours] discovered that we had been allocated an upstairs apartment. Next day we had to wait until the afternoon to move to a downstairs apartment which wasted the first day of our holiday. Downstairs apartments have doors which open onto an outdoor area and the pools whereas upstairs have no balcony and are dark and to be avoided. We would have appreciated a couple of chairs in the outside courtyard area.
On the plus side, the pools are fantastic and the gardens are beautiful thought there was limited seating in the pool area. It is only a short walk to the beach and Palm Cove. There is a good supermarket about 2 km away. It is worth hiring a car to do day trips around the area. Do not miss a trip to the reef - it is worth every cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mango Lagoon Resort The resort spreads over 2.5 Acres of tropically landscaped gardens with meandering walkways surrounding 4 pools for your pleasure including a 50 metre Olympic sized lap pool and child friendly pool. Our extra spacious 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are fully self-contained and we also provide the option of studio/hotel room accommodation for guests. Other on-site resort features include a covered BBQ area, Continental Breakfast daily, sun lounges surrounding our 4 pools, on-site tour desk and Free Wi-Fi access is available to all guests throughout most of the Resort. As a perfect gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest. Mango Lagoon Resorts private, quiet location is your perfect place to stay and experience these natural wonders. Relax and stroll the award winning Palm Cove beach lapped by the Coral Sea or explore one of the many restaurants, salons, and boutique shops. Our friendly staff will be happy to tailor a tour package to suit your requirements and budget. Mango Lagoon Resort has a clear mission. 'We want to provide our guests with the best possible holiday experience in Palm Cove'. We look forward to welcoming you in paradise soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mango Lagoon Resort & Wellness Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Lagoon Resort And Wellness Spa
- Mango Lagoon Resort & Wellness Hotel Palm Cove
- Mango Lagoon Hotel Wellness