Northern Queensland is a special part of the world, and the Sea Temple Resort is a delightful base for exploring it. The resort is 5 minutes walk from the main street of Palm Cove, which suited us - this was a holiday for peace and quiet, not the noise of passing traffic. Which is why I haven't reviewed the resort as 5 star.
We paid a fair bit of money to get peace and quiet, and four nights out of our stay were accompanied by loud, thumping music from wedding receptions. Admittedly, the music finished right on the dot of 11pm each night, and I do hope the people who got married were happy, but if I wanted loud music and voices, I could have stayed home. I did read weddings were held at the resort, but it didn't really occur to me what that meant - and yes, it should have, I know.
That said, this resort is delightful. Spacious one bedroom apartment overlooking the pool, free parking, gym, 30 seconds to the beach, friendly staff, decent food, cheaper than most broadband internet (although wireless would be good too), very pleasant surroundings...It's a short drive to the airport, close to many attractions, 30 minutes from Port Douglas and the Daintree Rainforest beyond, and right at the base of the Great Dividing Range, beyond which is Kuranda and the Atherton Tableland (take the Skyrail to Kuranda, a fantastic experience). It was also very family friendly, and there were people of all ages staying when we were there.
I was surprised though at the apparent absence of any environmental policy; for example:
- option to not have towels replaced (this is the first resort/hotel I've stayed in for many years that doesn't have this option),
- not turning on the dishwasher as part of the regular service - today, one knife and two cups were washed in a full cycle wash - waste of water and energy there,
- placing recycling bins in the apartment kitchens, and
- option to not have the rooms serviced every day on long stays.
But, all in all, a delightful experience and a lovely stay. If loud music doesn't bother you, I'd highly recommend it.
Oh, this one for the managers, on the sign at the Lagoon Bar where you ask for guest to not reserve pool chairs, you've spelled personal wrong (personnel) - yes, I'm a spelling pedant :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Palm Cove
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Palm Cove Hotel Palm Cove
- Sea Temple Resort Palm Cove