“Great Indian! Fabulous quality, value and taste”

Maharaja's Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 65 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've eaten indian all over the world including India and can highly recommend Maharajahs. I love hot curries so ordered the chicken vindaloo, onion baji and rice. The currie was hot with lots of flavor. I had take out twice and loved it both times. Australia is expensive yet this great food was reasonable priced and full of favor. You'll save a ton verses dining at other ocean from restaurants. The owner is friendly and is is more than willing to cater to any request. Go to this gem you'll love it!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The service was attentive (the best we've had in Australia), fast and friendly, the food was devine and we were glad we tried new dishes - which we will be ordering in future back home, all be it not expecting them to be as nice as at the Maharajahs!
It was nice to be able to order your choice of 'hotness/spice' to your curry, something we hadn't experienced before in an Indian.
Thank you for two lovely visits to your restaurante!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Liked:
Truly authentic Indian restaurant. From the way you order to the food presentation to the taste.

Dislikes:
No real dislikes. Only recommendation I would make to the owner is to encourage the waiting staff to talk more with the customers. Create a connection. Even explain how to order properly (appetizers, mains, what sides to get). This would help people who are newer to Indian food enjoy a great meal.

Overall:
My wife and I enjoyed our dinner here so much that we ordered take out lunch the following day!
The main I ordered was the Chicken Curry with Vegetables while my wife ordered the original Vegetable Curry. We paired it with saffron rice and had some plain and garlic nan on the side. Flavor of the Curry was awesome. We prefer a little but spicier but overall it was fabulous.

Pricing is very reasonable as well.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Amazing food, just beautiful. Wonderful service, lovely menu, great wine list. I just could not fault this place. Friendly, attentive staff, very reasonably priced, great portions, and just incredible food. I have visited many Indians across Australia and this restaurant is just in a different league. If in Far North Queensland and love a great Indian this is the place to go.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The best Indian food I've had both in New Zealand and Australia. I highly recommend their Butter Chicken.... It's different than what you'd would get in other Indian Restuarants but it's a taste experience. Being Indian I can say with confidence that they have really understood the mix of spice and heat.
I would recommend dining in their outdoor area as it's located near the pool of the hotel so it has a good ambiance during the evenings.

So good we went there twice!