“This is the best Kayaking ever---- with new Hobie Kayaks”

Palm Cove Watersports
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Palm Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the coastline and islands of tropical north Queensland. We have amazing encounters with dolphins, turtles, stingrays and other marine life while paddling around history rich Double Island. Tours are offered year-round catering equally for those seeking a peaceful paddle or a bit of adventure. Our sunrise and half-day tours run daily. Paddling techniques and safety information are clearly explained and demonstrated. Our highly stable single and double, sit on top, kayaks are well suited for beginners to experienced kayakers. Each tour visits Double Island and includes fresh fruits, sweet treats and juices. Half-day tours include snorkelling.
Dongguan, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is the best Kayaking ever---- with new Hobie Kayaks”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is the best experience ever. with the Hobie kayaks which you could paddle or pedal, it is amazing the kayaks is so functionality, stability and quick acceleration. we were paddle and pedal working together to the scoutt hat island, it was fantastic surround, the habiat and we were explored island, the tour guilde showed us all different kinds of birds and the sea cucumber it was so cute, he has great knowledge about the wildlife. afterwards we pedaled to the double island, had paddle through the caves and swiming in the caves, then had beautiful snorkel in the reef, the water is so clear with beautiful reef. after snorkel we had nice morning tea then we walked on the double island beach it was perfect surrounding,nice beach, beautiflu birds, in the shallow water we saw mangrove ray, leopard ray, bluespot lagoon ray, ornate eagle ray,black tip shark, to tell you secret we caught 2 little shovel nosed sharks ummmmm super cute. i was pet the mangrove ray oh so excited about it when i flash back these memories.
Anyways, too much nice to say, i LOVE it, would love to do it again and again. i have been kayaking whole Scandinavia but this one is the best ever. Definitely you can't miss it with the best Kayaks, best tour guide, wonderful atmosphere.
The sweet memories will go with you in your whole life!!!!!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Ruihong Z

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Poor service”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I am sure if you actually take the tour it will be good but in line with another reviewer we were disappointed by the service to book. We rang the night before at 6pm to be told there were no other bookings so there was no morning tour but we could rent a kayak anytime after 8:30. We said we would be there in the morning.We arrived about 9:15 and no one was there. On ringing we were told he had taken two people out on a tour as they had paid extra! A) what terrible service b) he had my Aussie number and could have called to let us know he was doing a morning trip. We wasted hours on a beautiful day ... Not at all impressed!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Matt F
Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“a good tour to do, but my experience not great”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Booked the sunrise tour. Guide I had spoken to the day before was not there.... I called, he had car trouble, flat battery, was coming in his girlfriends car... then showed up in the same car he had the day before. Anyway, we missed his tour window so the tour was off... we took the kayak, and went for the paddle alone anyway, and it was a great start to the day. I recommend it. At the end, to the operators credit he offered us the kayak hire for free, so I guess thats as good a recovery as was possible in the circumstances, and I appreciate that.

Visited September 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to explore”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family (2 adults and two children, 5 and 7) hired some kayaks, we paddled out to the reef around Double Island, we saw some amazing corals and marine life just looking over our boats into the clear water, we saw sea turtles and some flying fish. The gentleman who hired our kayaks to us was informative and gave us lots of tips on where we were more likely to see various wildlife, a really great day.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rachel D
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Review from an experienced kayaker”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have my own kayak at home in the UK so I knew exactly what to expect as far as the paddling and have spent most of the last 14 years working and studying marine flora and fauna so I already had an idea of what I would see. Instead of just hiring a kayak I thought I'd do the half day tour as I was unfamiliar with the tides. Just before I booked my wife decided to come along to see what it is that I love about kayaking even though she is terrified of deep water; well, she loved every second of the tour!
Our guide Shannon's knowledge of the history and geology of the area and all the plants and animals to be found there, was superb and couldn't be faulted. He was helpful, informative and approachable - taking the time to paddle alongside every member of the group and making sure we were all happy, comfortable with the pace and enjoying the tour. We saw turtles, osprey, dolphins, two species of ray, several different species of fish and countless corals. The lunch was varied and enjoyable, Shannon even caught some green ants for us to try but I don't think anyone took him up on the offer!
My wife enjoyed it so much we went back a few days later and hired a lighter and faster plastic two seater to go off on our own but we came back early as she didn't like the lighter kayak as it was much more unstable in the water than the much heavier glass fibre kayaks we used on the tour. Personally I prefer the plastic kayak. Anyway, I used up the time taking my kids up and down the pier and even my mother who lives in Cairns (the reason for our holiday there) and she enjoyed it so much we booked again for the following day. We checked with Shannon if it was ok for my mum to share a double with me as she is 61 and had a pacemaker fitted this year and it was fine so off we went again and had a wonderful day.

So, young or old, fit or not, this is a day out for anyone that will not be forgotten for many years. I can't recommend this experience strongly enough.

Visited August 2013