“Lovely day on the sea followed by a horrible rash off the stinger suits”

Palm Cove Watersports
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Palm Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the coastline and islands of tropical north Queensland. We have amazing encounters with dolphins, turtles, stingrays and other marine life while paddling around history rich Double Island. Tours are offered year-round catering equally for those seeking a peaceful paddle or a bit of adventure. Our sunrise and half-day tours run daily. Paddling techniques and safety information are clearly explained and demonstrated. Our highly stable single and double, sit on top, kayaks are well suited for beginners to experienced kayakers. Each tour visits Double Island and includes fresh fruits, sweet treats and juices. Half-day tours include snorkelling.
Coolangatta, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lovely day on the sea followed by a horrible rash off the stinger suits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Booked a half day sea kayaking tour based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a lovely day at the sea, and although Denise was a good guide, she lost the control of the group a few times, as she kept changing the route without telling the whole group. Perfectly understanding the fact that the trip is weather dependent, communication while on the sea is very important. I throuroghly enjoyed the kayaking bit of the day, everything else I found average! The spot where we were taken snorkelling was full of dead coral, not much sea-life to be seen.
The worst part of the trip actually became apparent afterwards. The diving-boots and stingersuits that are "compulsory" to wear, are not cleaned properly. Even prior to the trip the smell of the boots and suits put us off, but it was insisted that we wore them. Few members of the group had a nasty/itchy rash all over our body - the only thing connecting us - wearing those stingersuits.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kjoem

Mudgee, Australia
“Great for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Booked on a half day kayak trip. My husband and I and our two children (12 and 13 yrs) loved it. Wasn't as difficult as I thought! Our guide was very informative. Really liked going into the cave. Guide took photos to post on facebook but have never seen any, so recommend taking a disposable waterproof camera.

Visited September 2012
PalmCoveWatersports1, Manager at Palm Cove Watersports, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour with us. I believe all of the photos have been posted but sometimes they can be difficult to find on the facebook site. If you want to send me a message to my facebook account with the month and day of your tour I will try and find the photos for you. I am crazy about family pictures myself and would feel terrible if you didn't get yours from that day. Kind regards, Denise McGregor
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Perfect day on the waves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

An awesome morning, and a great day on the waves. We saw turtles (well, others did, I wasn't that lucky) and stingrays. Denise was awesomely great as our guide, extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the environment and ocean stuff. A really great way to be active, part of nature, and get fit. I'm really unfit, but managed it fine.

Mildura
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went on the Kayak trip will in Palm Cove, Denise was great, very passionate about what she was doing. Denise gave me lots of confidence and encouragement, I had never snorkeled before so she encouraged me to have a go and I am so glad she did. Her knowledge was huge but she also made the trip fun. We serched the rock pools on the Scouts Hat Island and saw many different creatures then onto Double Island for a snorkel, relax on the beach with a nice morning tea then around to the other side of the island to experience the stingrays,we also saw a pod of dolphins in the distance unfortunatlly the turtles had there skates on and were moving to fast for us to see.
But it was a great way to spend a morning I would do it again.
I Judd

Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience, perfect way to spend the morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend the morning with Denise and 3 others in the most perfect conditions. Turtles, rays, coral and huge fish and a morning tea on a deserted beach - couldn't get much better!! Would highly recommend this trip.

1 Thank indi311