“Great experience, perfect way to spend the morning”

Palm Cove Watersports
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Palm Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the coastline and islands of tropical north Queensland. We have amazing encounters with dolphins, turtles, stingrays and other marine life while paddling around history rich Double Island. Tours are offered year-round catering equally for those seeking a peaceful paddle or a bit of adventure. Our sunrise and half-day tours run daily. Paddling techniques and safety information are clearly explained and demonstrated. Our highly stable single and double, sit on top, kayaks are well suited for beginners to experienced kayakers. Each tour visits Double Island and includes fresh fruits, sweet treats and juices. Half-day tours include snorkelling.
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience, perfect way to spend the morning”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend the morning with Denise and 3 others in the most perfect conditions. Turtles, rays, coral and huge fish and a morning tea on a deserted beach - couldn't get much better!! Would highly recommend this trip.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank indi311

Coupeville, Washington
“A Must in Palm Cove”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Last week I went on a kayak tour and was blown away when we saw a pod of dolphins near by!! Honestly, I could not believe my eyes. The island was just beautiful- seeing the turtles, stingrays & flying fish right there swimming near my kayak. I couldn't believe how easy it is- it's definately for all ages, the girl running it was fantastic and helps you every step of the way. I can't wait to go back and do it again!

Visited August 2012
“Have to do it at least once!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Oh my gosh, I went on a Kayak Tour this week with Denise from Palm Cove Watersports and had the BEST time! I was a little nervous at first but after 2 minutes of talking Denise had me at ease explaining how easy it was to Kayak- she wasnt wrong either... Seeing the Coral right there so close was amazing! I loved the Private Island but best of all was kayaking into the cave!!! I just want to say, if I can do it ANYONE can!! It's an adventure not to be missed!!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very special experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

All tourists to Far North Queensland want to see the Great Barrier Reef and there are dozens of tours that will take you (along with 200 others), to experience the colours, the coral, the fish, the wonder, etc,. It's rewarding, but so mass produced. Thankfully, you can also go sea-kayaking in Palm Cove. Wow! Our fabulous guide Denise led 3 adults and 3 eight year olds, (yes, this is completely suitable for kids) through a half-day tour of the sea/reef around Double and Scout's Hat Islands. You have to paddle your own kayak and the weather will determine how hard that is and what you see, but that's the whole point. This is an authentic and close-up adventure led by an experienced and amiable guide full of insights and passion for the environment she lives in. Lunch on the beach, seeing turtles, angelfish and stingrays, hearing stories about walking trees, holding an elephant cucumber, tasting green ants, riding the waves! Unforgettable.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SarahO255100
“Turtles, rays, stunning sights, caves and more.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I went on the half day double island tour. First of all they provided a transfer from and to port Douglas and our driver was absolutely lovely. Stopped on the way back to let us take pics at the lookout.
On the tour, there was a mix of experienced and beginners in the group and it provided a great mix for different skill levels. The guide was very friendly and full of interesting info about the area and marine life. The sights were amazing. Saw plenty of turtles, some rays, and held a star fish. For me, the cave was a highlight.
This tour was great value and the sights were spectacular. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area - beginners and kayaking enthusiasts alike.
Thanks for a great day.