“Lovely hotel is a great area!”

Peppers Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Palm Cove
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We enjoyed a quiet relaxing stay here. It's a nice property in a lovely quiet area. Enjoyed the pools and the private balcony spa is a nice touch!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)

Reviewed November 21, 2010

PROS
Amazing lagoon pool and surrounds.
Pool bar is awesome.
Tropical surrounds.

CONS
Old CRT TV's
No lifts
Fire alarm went off randomly at night (I know this is beyond control).

Would recommend this to anyone visiting Nth Qld

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We stayed in a one bed appartment overlooking the formal pool, with the lagoon and dividing range beyond. The accommodation was clean, quiet and well equipped.
We Ioved the lagoon. The ocean is right in front of Peppers but not being a strong swimmer, having the private, safe, palm fringed lagoon with its own sandy beach and loungers was wonderful.
There is a great choice of restaurants in Palm Cove, all within walking distance of the resort. They tend to be a bit pricey so having cooking facilies in the appartment is a bonus. We tended to enjoy breakfast and lunch on our balcony and eat out in the evenings.
There is a small grocery shop round the corner, a deli and an off licence at end of the esplanade but if you wish to be more experimental there is a shopping centre 10 mins away at Clifton beach (buses goes there from the esplanade).
Overall the staff are pleasant and try to be helpful. They can arrange hire cars and escorted trips. Don't miss the skyrail to or from Karanda! and the reef. If you want a wild night life then Palm Cove is not for you.
We went in Feb/March expecting it to rain every day. Perhaps we were lucky as it was dry and sunny the whole time. There were very few children and the pools were not at all overcrowded. We've decided to go back again next March. Really looking forward to it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here for two nights and thought the resort was very nice. The pool really made it, especially the pool bar. The resort is very popular with families so the pool can get pretty loud with screaming kids. But there is another 'serenity' pool which is more for adults, so you can escape to that if the screaming kids is getting to you. We had a studio room, which was fine for the two nights. Bed a little uncomfortable and no proper curtains, so very bright in the morning, so no sleep ins. Next time I would get a 1 bedroom apartment. Especially as it's very expensive to eat out in. Palm Cove is a very cute, village like feel, with a nice beach. It was quite windy when we were there, which was nice as it cooled everything down. If we were staying for longer we would have made sure to get some groceries ont he way in, as there's nothing in Palm Cove except for a small convenience store which charges convenience prices! We went onto the Peppers at Port Douglas after this which we probably enjoyed a little more as there was more to do, more variety of places to eat at different price ranges, and more options to go out on the reef. Having said that I would definately like to return for a few days on another trip, perhaps with friends or family. But I think 2 or 3 days would be enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvtravel27
Reviewed November 8, 2010

This was the second time that we have stayed at Pepper's, Palm Cove and we will definately be returning. The service was good and most importantly, the rooms are large, clean, quiet and with all of the items required to travel with a toddler. The pool is definately the main selling point of the resort as it is just fantastic and you could spend all day in there.

A couple of little things from this trip - the hotel restaurant (Lime and Pepper) seems to be struggling for staff a little so many of them have that transient 'not sure I really want to be here' kind of aura but it wasn't a major concern as the food was lovely. The gym could do with some weights and the cleaning crew could come a little earlier during the day as they kept coming during our daughter's nap time but that wasn't a major concern either. All in all, a few minor bits and pieces could do with changes but we loved it and will return. A lovely, relaxing experience in fabulous surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank We_love_holidays_107
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I have just returned from a four nights stay at Peppers Beach Club Resort at Palm Cove.. First of all the location is excellent.. Its right across the road from the beach and for those of us with kids the playground is also directly opposite and right on the beach...

Pepper is a great resort that also has PRIVATELY OWNED rooms, suites and apartments... Now I wanted to clarify this as if you book thru Peppers you will pay more, but you get the added services, like being able to have room service charged back to your room, wifi access is cheaper and you don't have to walk around with your wallet or credit card all the time... If you book privately like I did, you will not be registered at all with the hotel... This isn't a problem for me at all, but it might be for some people... I like to be left alone when on holiday... I don't need my room serviced everyday, I can keep a room clean even with kids.. The only thing I got from the Peppers staff was friendly service and questions like "are you having a good time?", "are you enjoying Palm Cove?", "Have you gone and seen.......?" you get the picture...It was great... :-)Special mention must go out to Elouise, she's a credit to the Reception and Peppers... She's also from my home town...

The apartment I had was absolutely perfect. And huge... Its a swim out apartment, with three separate decks, one with a huge 2 person spa bath.. Totally fabulous... The other deck had a four person outdoor dining suite and an electric BBQ, with outdoor power.. (Great for my iPod speakers :-) On the deck below adjoining the pool are two wooden padded sun loungers with just the correct amount of foliage to block the sun.. Perfect for watching the children swim. I had the very end unit, and the pool finished right in front.. Its only 0.9m deep so perfect for kids confident in the water like my son... The pool also got deeper to 1.8m for the adults, but only at the end of my deck so my son knew not to swim past it.. He had such a great time...

The apartment consisted of two sides, one small unit with a kIng size bed, good bathroom with excellent shower and full length mirrors, and the spa on the first deck, TV and DVD player. This side had its own air conditioning unit and storage cupboards. On the other side, there were another two bedrooms, one with a queen size bed, and another King size, a separate bathroom and toilet, a fully equipped kitchen, another air conditioner, dining room suite and family room with TV, DVD and some music cds and books... Swim Noodles were also there for my son to play with. This led out onto the second deck with the BBQ and outdoor eating area and then steps down thru a security gate to the pool deck with the sun loungers.... All bedrooms had ceiling fans also...Just awesome..

The hotel is located in the heart of the Esplande, and all the best restaurants are within easy walking distance.. There's easy access day and night to ATM's and Palm Cove has a great, laid back atmosphere...

Peppers the resort has three pools, one with a swim up bar... My son didn't realise the drop off was so steep in this pool and I ended up having to jump in and rescue him.. All was good, he just didn't go out there again... He learned very quickly. Peppers also has an onsite spa which I didn't get to experience but will next time, that's for sure.. Nunu's restaurant is right next door as is Bella something, the Italian place..

Lime and Pepper restaurant at the front of the resort was great... I ate there several times because of its location, my son was exhausted after a full days touring, so it was convenient as well. Very busy on Friday and Saturday nights.. Breakfasts there were my favourite part of the day, the view was breathtaking and the food was good and plentiful.. Sat at the same table every morning...

In short, I loved my holiday in Palm Cove so much, I've already booked to stay in the same room in February 2011, but this time, we're leaving the kids at home. The days can't go fast enough till February gets here...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank samsonsmum
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Peppers Beach Club is great for families particularly those with young children. What keeps us coming back is the pool area with the sandy beach which the children love. The rooms are a little on the small side and some of the furniture needs updating but it is generally very clean and well kept, particularly the gardens and pool area. The staff are very friendly, helpful and obliging particularly Amina at the pool bar!. We enjoyed all the restaurants at the front of the resort, some of which also do takeaway. For the last 2 years, my wife and I have used the excellent services of Busy Bees Babysitting , to babysit our 2 young children while we went out for a quiet dinner or lunch which is great to be able to do.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Kewarra Beach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas

Been to Peppers Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!