We booked this accommodation a long way in advance of our stay. The owner of the property / unit sold up or changed management companies and this fell to Peppers. We were advised well in advance of the management change and were assured that the booking would be honored. Rooms 1432/1433.
Upon our arrival in Cairns, knowing we were self catering we decided to stock up on the essentials prior to arriving at the resort. This we did without any problems. There are a couple of shopping centers on the way to the resort.
Upon arrival we were assisted with all our bags and shopping by the very accommodating staff. As we were on the 3rd floor it was a bit of a climb and an elevator would have been a bonus. Again we were aware of this prior to booking. The spacious well equipped suite and spa rooms were very comfortable and once we had familiarized ourselves with the equipment we settled down very comfortably.
As property managers of vacation homes in the USA we are aware that the first thing any renter should do on entering a rental property is to find the instruction manual and read it don't just use it to stand your coffee cups on. Most problems can be solved by RTFI.
We came across a couple of minor issues such as missing or broken light bulbs and the exterior seating area and wading pool deck were both dirty.
The light in the wading pool was reported as not working and during the stay was not fixed. This did not spoil our holiday. Toaster broken and replaced.
As the apartments had been recently taken on by the resort we did feel that we were being used as snaggers or fault finders for the company.
There were a number of issues other than bulbs. The telephone did not work on arrival and was fixed the following evening.
The Internet connection was not great that might be the geographical situation
During our welcome chat with a staff member we were told that breakfast was included, much to our surprise as we had purchased all our own cereals and eggs and bacon. We thought that this was as a result of he management change and our booking had now become fully inclusive.
So for two mornings our friends went down and enjoyed a very hearty breakfast and all the accompaniments. The other two of us are not really breakfast people. A cup of tea and toast would suffice for us.
On the third morning our friends were challenged as to their breakfast status and were informed that they were not on the breakfast plan as previously informed.
No big deal the management agreed that they had made an error and we were told that we would not be charged.
For the other minor inconveniences we were rewarded with a bowl of fruit in our room.
The resort is very well laid out with the apartments to the beachfront with sea views ( mostly obscured by trees) and prone to noise usually from dust carts (garbo's) and delivery vehicles which leave their engines running whilst ma,king their deliveries to the resort. Saturday night brought out the noisy boys, two Tooheys lights and they want to holler and shout on their way back to their accommodation. Boys if you can't take it then leave it alone.
We stayed at what I would consider a quiet period, immediately following Easter for 7 nights. There was no problem finding places to eat. The pools were fabulous the one to the front being a little colder than the lagoon but most refreshing.
Despite the minor hiccups the resort is just fine and for a relaxing break is first class.
Overall the resort is fabulous, the staff excellent and I would highly recommend this for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, minibar. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Amenities include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, Salt Beauty & Spa and Lime & Pepper Restaurant. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort