Peppers Beach Club & Spa
$325
$214
  • Pool
Alamanda Palm Cove by Lancemore(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$319
$191
$188
$166
  • Pool
Mantra Amphora(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$120
$104
  • Pool
Sarayi Boutique Hotel(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$160
$79
Priceline
Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$107
$81
Priceline
$91
Cancelon
Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa(Kewarra Beach)(Great Value!)
$222
$165
Agoda.com
Paradise Palms(Kewarra Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
$91
Arlington Apartments(Clifton Beach)
2,624 results
All reviewsserenity poolswim up barpeppers palm covelime pepperbuffet breakfastpeppers resortmain poolpenthouse suitesandy beachport douglasbeautiful resortacross the roadyoung familiesfamily holidayschool holidaysour honeymoonpool area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

From reading some of the recent reviews we were a little worried about the booking but found the reception staff friendly, the room perfect, definately in the wing over the serenity pool is perfect for couples. Clean tidy well furnished - great they had some cold beer glasses in the fridge.
great value for the short trip away. Would certainly recomend to our friends and would like to revisit.

Room Tip: For couples ask for a room near the serenity pool - the other rooms are fine but more suited to families. Wing 6 is the only wing with a lift.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luke B
Christopher N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Luke B,

Thank you for your comments.
The Serenity area is perfect for couples and our three pools offer choices.

Come back soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at Peppers Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove, overall the resort is very nice, we stayed for 6 nights over the Christmas break, our room was towards the rear of the property and was very quiet, you cannot really sit on the balcony to relax as the room we had faced rooms opposite. The 3 pools are nice, however the lagoon pool gets very hot, some days it feels hotter in the pool than the outside temperature, as with other reviews, they do not have enough lounge chairs for the amount of people at the resort, even though they stipulate that you cannot leave towels on chairs to hold them, this happens all the time, on some days chairs had towels placed on them to look as if someone was using them, however, no one used the chair until very late in the day, around 5pm, the entire time we were at the resort we did not see any staff member remove towels from chairs that had been “saved” which is disappointing, I feel they need to either purchase more chairs to accommodate the amount of guests or police this. This is a big downfall of the resort, as the main reason you would go here is to relax by the pool. Also there is not enough shade areas for the size of the resort. Pool bar drinks are reasonable, however, on a day that was a public holiday, drink prices increased significantly without any notification, then reverted back to the original price!! I did feel this was not appropriate. Also it is a children friendly resort, as we have no children this can be a bit too much, I requested a room near the tranquillity pool, however, upon arrival was told due to the high volume of families arriving there was no room available in this wing, which I found confusing as this area is specifically for people without children! And I asked in advance for a room here, and was advised that my request would be met. Overall a nice resort, staff are friendly, however, the money you spend to stay there is not worth it, I’ve stayed in cheaper resorts with better room quality, and extra’s than this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property, you will have no nice view, but it will be quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fussypot13

Dear Fussypot13,

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Resort does feel like you are on a luxurious holiday. Main pool is big and great for both adults and children. Separate serenity pool is lovely for a quiet dip. Gym is good, also free tennis courts and racquets are available. We had a deal on the eco lagoon spa room, which means no towel/linen change and no cleaning. Would not recommend for longer than 3 days as it can get a bit dirty with sand etc. Staff friendly and helpful. breakfast fairly standard, nothing special.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear bunimelb,

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We moved from Elysium Apartments to Peppers Beach Club on 31 Dec 12. This wasn’t due to any fault of Elysium apartments. We had organised to stay at Peppers Beach Club for 3 nights as I wanted to stay in a 5 star resort for the last part of our holiday. We booked a 2 bedroom dual key apartment and had rooms 4223 and 4224. This was a spa suite and a 1 bedroom apartment with the main door that opens to the 2 room types. The spa suite was a normal hotel style room but with a spa on the balcony that overlooked the pool. The 1 bedroom apartment was great. The kids bedroom was a good size and had a tv, very handy! The bathroom was inbetween the bedroom and the laundry. I did some washing the day we arrived and discovered the dryer didn’t work. The Maintenance Man had a look and said it couldn’t be fixed that day (as it was too late to go get a part) and the next day was New Years Day and nothing would be open. Luckily my parents we’re also staying in the resort so we got them to put our clothes in their dryer. There is a small clothes rack that I could have hung the clothes on the balcony but I didn’t want all our clothes out on the balcony for a day or 2.

We had requested an early check in and we’re able to get into our room around midday which was very handy. We unpacked a few items and I could feel that the floor was quite sandy. When I looked at my feet they were already black and we’d only been in the apartment for 30 mins. I definitely had clean feet when we arrived. I called housekeeping and they said they’d come and vacuum and mop the floors the next day. The Housekeeper was very lovely and did a fantastic job of getting the floors cleaned on New Years day. She was very friendly, gave us extra pool towels, made all the beds and gave us new towels for the bathrooms.

Another note I’d like to make is that I noticed our L shaped couch was new and very comfy. My parents we’re staying in a separate building and they said the couch was old, falling apart and stained. Also the walls in both our apartments had fingerprints and dirty marks so they obviously weren’t thoroughly cleaned very often. My parents apartment also had sandy, dirty floors.

We had breakfast included each day which was just like your usual hotel buffet breakfast although they didn’t cook eggs to order. They were usually poached eggs in the buffet which are my favourite so I was happy. They alternated having waffles or pancakes and always seemed to have either croissants or banana bread which was very popular at morning tea time with my kids :-)

We had dinner at Choc Dee Thai restaurant which is one of the 4 restaurants at the front of the hotel, overlooking the ocean. The Thai was ok, but we’ve definitely had better from our local Thai restaurant in Darwin.

The 3 pool areas are fantastic, especially the big pool area with the sandy beach which is fantastic for the kids. The resort has a small storage bin containing buckets, spades, water pistols etc for the little ones and there was always spare pool noodles around that you could use also. The pool bar was great although it only opened from 12-5pm approximately. I’d recommend going down and saving a pool lounge early in the morning, even if you just get one otherwise you won’t get one if you go down around 10am.

If you love Italian food then you’re in for a treat when visiting Palm Cove. I cant remember the exact amount but there is about 3-5 Italian restaurants on the Esplanade, a seafood place the Thai restaurant at Peppers and a few others with Aussie food. If your craving a good Chinese head up to Port Douglas (about a 30min drive) to the Jade Inn. Make sure you book a table as they seem to get very busy and only have about 20 tables. My hubby rated Jade Inn as the best Chinese he’s ever had!

Finally a note on the different buildings at Peppers. If you want direct pool access then I’d strongly suggest you book a ground level apartment or suite as you can go from your outdoor area directly to the pool which is handy if your kids use the pool a lot. Otherwise you have stairs to the other rooms. We we’re on level 2 which I liked as we had a gorgeous view of the pool and a small glint of the ocean past the pool bar.

Overall I’d definitely rate Peppers Beach Club as a great resort for families – don’t go if you’re a couple!

A few hot tips if your travelling to Palm Cove with kids:

The Palm Cove Tavern (at the opposite end of the Esplanade to the Jetty) does free kids meals Sun-Wed which include a drink and ice cream. The Surf Club also does good cheap eats for the family.

If your driving up to Palm Cove stop at the Coles Clifton Beach to get all your shopping supplies. The shopping centre also has a Liquorland, Bakery, Butcher, Chemist, Target Country and a few cafes. The local stores at Palm Cove are quite expensive for groceries. Clifton Beach is only a 5 min drive from Palm Cove.

Definately go to the Cairns Tropical Zoo, its only a 2 min drive from Palm Cove and our kids loved it. The also do a pass out to come back another day if your kids get tired.

There is a fenced playground on the Esplanade near Peppers Beach Club as well as a netted swimming area in the ocean due to the stingers. We didn’t take our kids swimming there as the water was a bit rough with the waves and the water wasn’t clear. The stinger net doesn’t guarantee there won’t be any jelly fish in the swimming area. Also have a walk along the Jetty, its very pretty.

Now for the shopper of the group, aka the Mums:

DFO in Cairns city isn’t worth a look if your not staying for an extended period of time. We found at least 12 empty tenancies and didn’t really end up buying anything from the shops that we’re open. Your better off going to the big shopping centre 2 min up the road which is called Cairns Central and they have over 180 stores. On the top level near Myer is a kids play area, predominantly for kids aged 1-6 yrs. At the other end of the top level, in front of Bi-Lo there is a small crèche again for about 1-6yrs of age. Good for a few hours of shopping in peace and quiet! Cairns Central is only a 25 min drive from Cairns. I drove down myself on 2 separate occasions. Its easily found using Google Maps etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room as some look into the garden or another hotel building.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris26Darwin

Dear Chris26Darwin,

Thank you for your overview and comments, we appreciate your feedback!

We are changing our mop heads in housekeeping due to the number of comments regarding our tiled floors. They are cleaned rigourously for every arrival, in addition Greg our Execuitve Housekeeper is reviewing the product used on floors in an effort to eliminate this issue.

Thank you.
Chris.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

On arrival my first impression of the hotel was wow! Felt like I was in Key West Florida! Crisp white with tropical blue lagoon pools surrounded by palm trees....We rented a 1 bedroom apartment large and overlooking the pool. At first I notice a few cleanliness problems like dirty hand prints on most walls and toilet doors! But generally the place was quite clean! Breakfast was below average, as I have spent many holidays in 5 stars around neighbouring Asia and the breakfast on offering was amazing! Peppers offer you a very basic buffet of few fruits, and your basic eggs and soggy oily bacon, typical of over priced Australian resorts! The Asians have amazing resorts with cost, food choice and customer care 10/10 .... Peppers is a lovely resort but very over priced for what it is!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear darrensugden,

Thank you for your feedback.
Our new chef Thomas started on Monday and he is injecting some very special touches into our breakfast buffet and entire menus. We apreciate your feedback on this aspect of your stay and will take note.
Come back soon.