The Beach Club is one of those hotels that you read about in travel brochures. Everything is crisp white, palm trees, and resort-style living at it's best.
The two biggest highlights of this beautiful hotel is the beach bar in the middle of the main pool and the lagoon pool at the rear of the property. Imagine laying on a banana lounge around a beach-style pool, then casually swimming up to a Balinese-style bar, ordering some cocktails and snacks, sitting on a bar stool in the warm water, and then swimming back to your lounge. Ah, it's so tropical.
When we stayed, we were in a spa room overlooking the magnificent tranquility lagoon pool. The deep water, surrounded by tropical plants, and elegant surrounds makes you instantly relax. It's absolutely as it sounds, tranquil and completely relaxing. The fact that there is a property next door filled with rainforest trees is an added bonus as you get the sounds of the wildlife and frogs throughout the evenings, and if you are there in the wet season, everything comes to life and the sounds send you into another world.
The hotel room we had was very indulgent. A huge, comfy bed with crisp white sheets and a big comfortable doona. The balcony had a spa bath that you could lay in while soaking in the sounds of the rainforest and watch the lagoon pool below. The bathroom was polished, clean and elegant.
We stayed here after purchasing a Wotif myster deal, and we are so glad we did. We couldn't normally afford to stay at Peppers, but this was well and truly worth it. I would have liked a kitchen, as it gets pricey to eat out all the time but it wasn't really an issue as we experienced some fantastic meals.
The green tree frogs around the place were very welcome. We even found a tiny little baby one right next to the elevator. I picked him up and moved him so he didn't get stood on. They are so beautiful. There were the usual cane toads, which we didn't mind. They are pretty funny to watch with their antics.
The hotel staff were really courteous and help you with literally anything. If you want any info about tours, or where to eat, or towels, and so on, they are ready to help you. We didn't eat at Lime and Pepper as we are vegan and there wasn't a lot on the menu we thought we could eat, but I believe the would cater for most dietary requests, we didn't enquire much at the time.
We also received some massages at the in-house day spa, and it was one of the best I've ever had. The masseuse did a fantastic job and I felt relaxed and spoilt as I walked out, a great start to our holiday.
Peppers in Palm Cove is a truly indulgent hotel stay, and certainly will get you in the mood for some tropical romance. The only downfall is all the screaming kids (and sometimes parents) in the lagoon pool, which is meant to be a quiet place…but the hotel can't do much about guests behaving inconsiderately. Overall, it's the perfect hotel with a perfect location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort