We have recently returned from our second trip to Peppers Beach Club at Palm cove. We love this place and will be back next year!
It is the most relaxing place to stay with young children. The winning point for us was the sand beach lagoon pool. The kids happily played at the waters edge with buckets and spades. The first 5 - 10 metres of the pool graduates to only knee high water so great for the young kids!
We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Everything was a good size. Proper kitchen with dishwasher and also laundry and dryer. I did all the washing and drying on the last day so when i got home clean clothes straight into the cupboard. We had a ground floor apartment which made it really easy to go back and fourth from the pool.
We hired a car from the airport for 24 hours, we went to the Coles on the way up and stocked up for the week and returned the car the next day. We didn't need a car during our stay as we barely left the resort. We went to the Cairns Zoo which we caught the local bus to. It was a 5 minute bus ride and the stop is near the front of the hotel. The crocs there were great, excellent bird show.
When we were there, we checked out other hotels and none were anywhere close to being as good as Peppers. A few were quite dated and tired. Peppers still looked fresh and that pool is a winner as the kids are entertained all day. There is enough shade it you want to sit in the shade too. And if you don't like sand, don't worry there is plenty of area without sand. There are 3 pools and a big spa. There is an adults only pool which is really long, My husband swam laps in it, The big lagoon pool and another pool.
My 3y.o and I had a choc milkshake at the pool bar which she thought was the best thing ever! The pool bar was only open on the weekend. A bit of a shame, they said it has too quiet. Apparently when you go in peak June July August it is open on weekdays.
Overall our stay was easy and enjoyable. We plan to return next year. I would not consider any other hotel if you have children. This place is fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival com au. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort