“Zoo experience of a lifetime!”
Review of Cairns Tropical Zoo - CLOSED

Cairns Tropical Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Australia's unique animals through hands-on experience in tropical surroundings.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 28, 2013

In July 2013, we participated in the zootastic, interactive zoo experience! It was well worth the fee and the most incredible experience we have ever had. Not only do you receive a personal guided tour, but we went in the cage with the lemurs and fed them by hand, held a baby alligator, fed a crocodile, held a burmese python and the highlight; cuddling a koala. I have not encountered a zoo anywhere else that offers this type of up close and personal visit with the animals. It has been 3 weeks and my son is still raving about his experience. Each of us had a choice of one key thing we wanted to do while in Cairns. My son chose this experience and while we went for him, it is an experience I wouldn't not have wanted to miss. Incredible!!!! Thank you to our wonderful guide and the Cairns Tropical Zoo for this once in a lifetime experience!!!!!!

1  Thank recentvisitor155555

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After our first review was removed, or misplaced we still have a right to review our experience at the zoo.
It looks run down in the buildings and pathways, a good once over will get the mould off places.
I could ramble on but that might be the reason the first review disappeared.

We did also go to Breakfast with the Birds in Port Douglas a week later it was much better.

This review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this establishment.

1  Thank Lejam
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The zoo promised little animals to see and none stroke excitement the only part worth it was the aviary with parrots.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a great place and the wildlife is fantastic. One red tailed cockatoo flew down to my shoulder and then started talking and it was great. If you look hard around the place there is a lot of birds. To see. Enjoy the time there as it is wonderful

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This zoo is truly a place to visit at night especially if you are a tourist and you'd love to get up close and personal with Australian Animals. From the Aussie BBQ & drinks to the expert commentary from the staff make this a real experience. This was a second visit to the night zoo from Melbourne. It's the only place where I have seen Koala's actually awake and walking around.....and where you can give them a cuddle!