“Great day!”

$74.87*
Hartley's Crocodile Adventure Half-Day Tour
$71.75*
and up
Breakfast with the Koalas at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures from Cairns or Palm...
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Palm Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just 40 minutes north of Cairns and 25 minutes south of Port Douglas, Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures is simply the best place to see crocodiles and local wildlife in Tropical North Queensland. With over 2100 metres of timber boardwalks and pathways leading you on a journey of discovery through woodlands and rainforest where you can see an array of wildlife, including beautiful tropical birds, reptiles, insects and other native fauna.Enjoy our entertaining and educational wildlife presentations including snakes, cassowaries, koalas, crocodiles, quolls and much more. Take a boat cruise on Hartley’s Lagoon to see crocodiles and other wildlife on our melaleuca wetland. Learn about sustainable use and conservation on our Crocodile Farm tour. The newly opened Gondwana Gateway is an innovative addition to Hartley’s where you can learn about the evolution of Australian wildlife in a beautiful forest setting surrounded by living descendants of Australia’s ancient past. Enjoy a delicious snack in Lilies Restaurant overlooking Hartley’s Lagoon and find that perfect gift, including crocodile leather products, in the Paperbark Gift Shop. Open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm, this multi-award winning eco-adventure attraction is located just 100 metres off the Captain Cook Highway on the spectacular scenic drive between Cairns and Port Douglas.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hartley's Crocodile Adventures was awesome! We didn't really know what to expect - whether it was just an animal sanctuary or what... but it was also a crocodile farm, and the crocodile farm tour was definitely worth a stop! It only went for about 20 minutes but was well worth it. You will see plenty of crocodiles on this trip!!
It was also cheap to have your photo taken with a snake or crocodile - much cheaper than other places we visited, and you also got the chance to feed cassowary's and kangaroos for free!
Only bad thing was that they had no free drinking water as they only have rain tanks. Make sure you take bottled water because it's expensive to buy! I'd also recommend insect repellent!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,927)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife talked me into going to this attraction on a recent trip to Cairns, telling me the kids would enjoy it. I was sceptical but as freinds had given us some free passes I agreed. Well I think I enjoyed it more than the kids & I would certianly pay the entry fee if going back in the future. The staff are friendly and entertaining & I came away with a better understanding of these creatures. The facilities are top notch and our visit lasted nearly 5 hours.

1  Thank Rorypatrick
Reviewed January 25, 2013

While a bit of a distance from Cairns and this anywhere else (it's a bug country!) this is a great wildlife attraction in a state that has an enormous amonut of them. First bonus was that when you buy a ticket you can visit again free within 3 days - which we did. Learning about and feeding the cassowaries was really cool as was the river trip where you got really close to the crocs. The visit t o the farm part of the park was informative. The other wildlife there was clearly well cared for and the whole park was very walkable and easily accessible for all ages. The cafe in the park was excellent and having admired the crocs, there's nothing like munching into one! I have been to MANY zoos and wildlife parks in the last 15 years in Australia and NZ and this would rate as my favourite.

1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Thanks for agat day ki loved the whole experience and so did the adults. Dined at Lilly's estruant while we were the and meal was lovely

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived for the first day in the afternoon, and were given a map with details of everything that was going on in the afternoon. We were also advised that we could return within 3 days which was an unexpected bonus.

There was so much to see & do we went back 2 days later in the morning, which was a fantastic time to be there, and spent almost the whole day. Great value for money and helpful & knowledgeable staff.

I would definitely recommend this as a good day out.

1  Thank Tina P