“Food poisoning”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Got a burger at Pete's place and I am still regretting it. I watched them put meals together, often bare handed as they did it, but I decided to take the risk. It didn't taste bad, but I was burping all afternoon. That night I vomited more than ten times, went to hospital and still have an upset stomach six days later. PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE!

3  Thank 3nomad
There are newer reviews for Pete's Place

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Just terrible. Waited an hour for two pieces of fish, "medium" chips and potato cakes. Finally got home, thankfully I was hungry by then, only to discover Pete had ripped me off as well. Less chips than I'd expect for a small. Wish I'd taken a photo to show, but by then was just too hungry. Not to mention the disgusting rubber fish he served.

There's a tin on the counter saying "Pete's Tips". Here's a tip Pete. Find a new job! Clearly a business like this only survives on the dollar of transit tourists. Surely no one has been there twice! It's businesses like this that explain why no one holidays in Australia. $25 really poorly spent!

2  Thank PMJ1971
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Although very pricey the fish and chips were good, the staff were nice and had a good view. But the place really needs a renovation if they are going to keep chargeing those prices

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We felt like a F & C so went here to sit outside as we are from Vic we thought $13 for a piece of fish OTT but ordered any way
The fish was fine could have been drained a bit more to be less oily however the chips weren't very good so feel very over priced for what we got

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I loved this place it was a real find! There was an amazing young boy on the counter who was the brightest little personality! He was so enthusiastic! We went back the next day for breakfast and we were greeted by 2 lovely ladies serving. Our food came out super quick and they too were bright and cheery. I think so many places could take a leaf out of their book as far as service. Food was very simple yet amazing and generous servings.