“Went for lunch and it was nice and...”
Review of Nu Nu Restaurant

Nu Nu Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Went for lunch and it was nice and relaxing. Overlall meals were good.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I went to Nu Nu, only last week, while on holidays with my wife and 2 young daughters. We had dinner on Friday night, and then breakfast Saturday, (the next day), just before we flew home to Melbourne.

I think we have eaten at Nu Nu at least once a year, for the past 4 years, while in far north qld.

The food is very, very, good. Both dinner, and breakfast. The major highlight for breakfast is their coconut/banana hot cakes. They are truely amazing. (not for your waistline though...) Great coffee too.

Over the past year, i have read some of the reviews below, with real interest, as I have always rated this restaurant highly. So on this visit, I wanted to get a feel, if things had changed at all.

I can honestly say, that Nu Nu is as good as ever, the food, the service, and the atmosphere.

This year, we had a new waiter, an english guy, (although most of the original staff still work there) and my family all found him to be welcoming, informed, confident, attentive, and relaxed. Which are all important qualities, when you are dining with kids and your family, on holiday.

This was just our experience, and it was totally positive, so I would still, and do, highly recommend Nu Nu to people.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I agree with many of the previous reviewers. There are 3 elements that make up a good dining experience ( whether it be at McDonalds or Tetsuya's) 1. service , 2. tasty food, 3. Value. This place fails on all 3 counts especially the service, the staff simply will not, cannot be considerate of customers and how we feel. I have eaten at 5 restaurants in the last week at Palm Cove and would say to prospective diners : if you are looking for a special night out dinner definitely Vivo's wins hands down.

3  Thank ET59
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Nice fresh local produce used with their meals. Service was good although waiters could smile a bit more. Out of the many restaurants we tried in the area they were all great and this was alongside them all. Price was more expensive than anywhere else we ate.

With such an array of food available in Palm Cove its hard to go wrong!

Reviewed August 27, 2010

I was shocked by the terrible service, rude and I was going to walk out but struck up a great conversation with fellow patrons so I stayed for an a quick meal. The serving was down right mean, but I had been warned by the locals that they do not frequent the place on the basis of the small servings and high prices. As for when my water was poured it was poured all over the glass, coaster, table and floor with no return to clean up the spillage and they weren't that busy. Just keep walking... find somewhere else.

1  Thank soloangel