“Oh dear..”
Review of Nu Nu Restaurant

Nu Nu Restaurant
Reserve with
Nu Nu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sydney
“Oh dear..”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Once held in esteem for Far North Queenland fare, clearly something has changed.. I assume new management and/or chef..? Still the same decor, but the menu is completely different. The freshness and clever simplicity seems to have been replaced with a strange attempt at.. I dont know what.. fusion Asian tapas? We nearly left, but had kind of installed ourselves so pressed on in the hope of recreating memories of time past here. Never mind. Odd things.. chilli salt pork ribs that were dry and more flour than pork (one of mine had virtually no meat on it at all); an 'XO pork bun' as average as any cheap Chinese restaurant. We chose pork belly which was just tasteless sitting in a broth, and the oddest salad of thick sliced tomato with virtually no dressing, plus a few dried walnuts and charred olives. Odd is the only word that keeps coming to mind. Certain cocktails OK, but I tried a 'coconut sorbet martini', which tasted more like vodka with coconut icecream. The staff were nice but struggling with a new starter on his first day. Look..disappointing, not disastrous. But dont expect it to be the jewel of the north it used to be.

1 Thank OzCondeNast

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
“Great flavours, lacking something”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at NuNu but left feeling like the restaurant is lacking something. Service was just ok and when I complained about dirty dishes stacked near our table the first waiter told me that 'it was busy'. My husband loved his Veal in duck neck sausage and my meal was also very tasty. However the portions are small and the wine list limited.

sydney
“Very innovative tasty food, but would cost a lot to be full!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food was innovative, high quality, and great tasting, but this newly fashionable 'sharing' menu format seems to be just a licence to charge a lot for a little. The 'lemon bread' was interesting and novel but not something I would order again, and the three dishes my wife and I shared were priced like mains but each was smaller than a healthy entree. Worth trying once but not good enough value to go back to I feel.

Ballarat, Australia
“good to nogood”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Two years ago we went Nunu and had a lovely meal.We werelookinfg forward to going back this year.
What a disappointment.The have changed to a tapas style menu...which meant very little of anything.What a shame and what a change.When asked why our Waiteress said management were cutting down on wastage.Well did not even achieve that goal as the pork was unedible.

1 Thank RONTM
Melbourne, Australia
“Must do Nunu it's evil”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Well I snuck in late for desert one night and had the souffle my goodness that was a mistake. So I came back a few days later for a full dinner service and of course the souffle desert. What a great dinner I had fantastic flavours and textures top 2 in palm cove you must have the souffle it's evil and memorable Paul