“Yum”
Review of Nu Nu Restaurant

Nu Nu Restaurant
Reserve with
Nu Nu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great ice cream! Eat in or take away, too many flavours to choose from!! Great way to end to finish dinner!

Visited July 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Degustation was very good”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had the degustation and even the kids meals were slightly better than the standard chicken nuggets, pasta and chips. Overall there were more hits and misses with the degustation. We found the service was fine but can be variable according to reviews here.

Visited July 2013
“Awesome dining experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice during our 6 night stay at palm cove. We couldn't fault anything about it. The food was superb, the staff were fantastic and the whole experience was absolutely amazing. It was like fine dining but without the stuffiness. We would definitely eat here again and certainly recommend it to other travellers.

• Visited August 2013
Heathmont, Australia
“5 star food, so so service”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First things first, couldn't fault the food. Possibly the best meal I had in my two weeks at Cairns. My baked oysters were lovely, and my fish main was excellent, as was my dessert. Just outstanding.
Unusual set up, with this being the middle of three restaurants, separated only partly by clear canvas walls.
But, the main problem with this place is the menu and the service. My Dad and I both found the menu confusing (Bright and Light, Robust and Bold, Big Gear.....come on!). Whatever happened to entrees, mains and desserts? But not here. The serving sizes weren't clear and the surly waiter wasn't much help early on. After several questions of the barely helpful waiter, we ordered our 'entrees' and 'mains'. We clearly when ordering specified what we wanted. So they bring out our mains first. I said to the waitress that we hadn't received our entrees yet. She took our mains back and then bought out our entrees.......immediately followed by the waiter returning with our mains! He said due to confusion with the ordering system, he hadn't specified which was our entrees and mains! So all of a sudden we had our entrees and mains at the same time!
When it came time to order our dessert, we had more questions. A menu item that says 'Dark Chocolate, Peanut and Salty Caramel' doesn't sound much, but when explained by the waiter who had finally thawed somewhat, what it entailed, sounded really scrumptious. And it was.
As I said, I couldn't fault the food. It really was excellent. But the whole experience left me a little drained. Certainly not for young kiddies.

• Visited July 2013
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here a few years ago and was blown away - couldn't wait to return this week - and was really disappointed. As with other reviews, portions are tiny - no way they can be shared - and hugely overpriced - the prawn dish priced at about $18 had two prawns!! Pork was overcooked and bland and the duck while tasty was tiny serve and tepid. I'm going to stop recommending this to people after a disappointing return.

As an aside - the service was fantastic and they welcome young children so a positive to be fair and balanced.

• Visited July 2013