“Lovely but overpriced”
Review of Nu Nu Restaurant

Nu Nu Restaurant
Reserve with
Nu Nu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Lovely but overpriced”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Went here for brunch this morning, found the waitress pleasant however the waiter was rude and acted as though he had no time for pleasantries although the restaurant was empty. I had a juice which was nice, but a bit pricey at $9. My muesli, yoghurt and honey was nice too however could not believe how tiny the yoghurt was! I did not mind however was slightly annoyed at being charged an extra $5 for half a sliced banana. Everything was very slow coming out, which did not worry me as I was in no hurry. I hate to think how much longer it would have taken if there were more than 3 tables occupied though.

Overall everything was nice and it was not a bad experience. I would think twice before going back though simply due to the prices, wait and generally non welcoming service.

1 Thank Cairns12

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Cairns, Australia
“Been a few times now and the Hmmmm is getting longer”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

There are different levels of restaurants - that's obvious. The good ones keep on surprising and impressing at every visit. I feel that Nu Nu used to do that but that my level of satisfaction drops everytime i eat there.

I've been to this restaurant many times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you are a first itme visitor to Palm Cove and Far North Queensland you SHOULD eat here - it's probably the best restaurant of this type in the region which is why it gets the 'Very Good' rating from me. And if you come back again, you should probably eat here again too, it's just it won't be as good as the first time and so on.

The food is generally novel and of a high standard, the service is on the slightly sloppy side of good but friendly and welcoming. Atmosphere is ok, often children around which for me always detracts from what is supposed to be a high end restaurant.

What else to say? It's great, really. Just don't go too often or the shine will dull.

Visited January 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“So good that we dined here four times in one week”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at Palm Cove recently for a week. We started our holiday with lunch at NuNu and ended our holiday with the degustation dinner at NuNu. We also had a few dining experiences in between. The food and service was excellent, hence our repeat visits. We dined a la carte and also indulged in the degustation menu on our final night. I honestly could not complain about anything at this restaurant. Make sure you visit NuNu when you are in Palm Cove as you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Aussie_Brady_Bunch
Sydney, Australia
“Creative, fusion dining - perfect for the holiday splurge.”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Having been to Nunu a few times, I've always enjoyed the fabulous food there. You could say it's almost fine dining with a beachside chic and casualness to it.

Compared to the menus of all the other restaurants along Palm Cove's beach front, Nunu's menu is most interesting - fusion food that has a modern Australian and Asian flair to it.

So if you are looking to eat something a little different that you couldn't prepare, make yourself or bother to hunt the morsels of exotic produce that may accompany each dish, then it's worth paying for them as a treat.

A couple of the dishes do have steep prices for what they offer - for example the BBQ tiger prawns with rainforest honey and za'atar. 2 prawns for $9 we felt was a bit too much - as the prawns were very average size.

My husband and I also celebrated NYE eve there a few days ago. The degustation menu was $160p.p without wine but they included a couple of glasses of Moet. The service was fantastic as always and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the night immensely and compared to the prices one pays in Sydney for a meal like that, it's worth a splurge.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank OngBrown
Sydney
“Best Brunch we've had anywhere in the world! - highly recommend it”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I are big brunch fans. We eat out every weekend and all the time when on vacation around the world. We can safely say that Nunu in Palm Cove served us the very best breakfast we have ever eaten.
Not only is the setting, atmosphere and service great, the food is superlative.
Amazing presentation, full of flavours - both strong and subtle.
We had the blue swimmer crab omelette served in a broth - it was so delicate and full of flavour. Whilst the broth seemed strange for breakfast, it complemented the omelette's crab flavours.
We also had the coconut hot cakes. These were so light and fluffy, they just melted in your mouth.
If only we lived closer to Palm Cove we would visit there every weekend. Alas we must wait for our next holiday visit to Far North Queensland.
I would highly, highly recommend it. It is not cheap but it is outstanding.

• Visited December 2011