“Great food, good wine selection”

The Rising Sun Bar & Bistro
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Kewarra Beach, Australia
“Great food, good wine selection”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Food here a cut above many of the restaurants along the Palm Cove waterfront which can be pricey without delivering good quality. Wine selection was excellent.

Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Superb food, great wine, wonderful atmosphere. Entrees of duck, pork, calamari & onion rings. Yummy Lamb cutlets, steak & fish for mains. Awesome sundae for desert

• Visited June 2013
Geelong
“Friendly service and good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly service and yummy food served up at The Rising Sun! The setting isn't the greatest, but this wouldn't stop me from going back.

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Marinated fall apart Pork Ribs & Onion Rings!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently dined at the Rising Sun and it was a really delicious meal. We walked along the beach front road trying to decide which restaurant to have dinner in. The previous night we had been to Nu Nu and the staff informed us they had a partnership with Rising Sun. So we decided to eat here on night 2 and it did not dissapoint. I odered 3 of the entree/share dishes for my meal and my girlfriand aordered the Thai beef salad. I ordered the Marinated Pork Ribs - thay are a must to share between two for a start. Almost enought for a main.But eally really good the cheifs are doing something special out the back with the marinade of these ribs. I also got the salt and pepper calamari and that also was really really good. This was topped off with their onion rings which are top notch. There was more then enough but I could fit any more in, so took a doggie bag home with the calamari for a snack the next day. Do go to rising Sun and do order the Ribs, Calamari and onion rings, just bring you appretite.

• Visited May 2013
Cairns, Australia
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I took some friends to the Rising Sun and they just loved it - 2 of us had the Chicken Parma's and another had the Reef Fish. The comments were "why have we not been here before"!! The Food was scrummy, the service was very friendly & attentive and the music was great!! All in all I will be heading back there again.

• Visited May 2013