“Wow!!”

Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great food, great service, nice atmosphere and right across from the beach! It was great! I had the Chicken Parmy which is apparently one of their signature dishes and I polished off the whole thing! Recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food was lovely but the service left a lot to be desired! I purchased a local beer and was given the beer in a stubby holder that I thought was an advertising ploy as I would be spending the rest of my week using it! With the amount of restaurants in the main street I thought this was a clever way to stand out from the rest. However after paying I left the restaurant planning to go back for dinner and lunch the next day but was chased down the street for 2 blocks because I 'stole' the stubby holder! Nowhere or from no staff is it mentioned that the stubby holder was a separate fee and the fact that I was chased down and accused of stealing makes this the worst experience I have had in Palm Cove! If they are this tight over the cost of one stubby holder, what other costs are they cutting to make ends meet?!? Will never go back and quote this horrible experience to everyone I know!

2  Thank Matty77777
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

After surveying the many restaurants/eateries at palm cove, we decided to have lunch at rising sun.
I chose the fish of the day, grilled snapper. When this came out it looked unimpressive - very basic salad and small piece of fish. For $30, I expected something above deli style. It tasted fine, but definately nothing to rave about.
My wife tried the Vietnamese chicken salad. For $20 this was better value. Tasted fine also, but no wow factor.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our meals were absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. My husband and I shared the pork ribs for entree, a little spicy for my liking but delicious none the less. I had the lamb cultelts for main and my husband the chicken parma, both were scruptious. The highlight however was dessert, we shared the turkish delight brownie and fought over the last bite. We will definately be back!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled up to Palm Cove, Far North Queensland in November 2011 and this was our favourite restaurant in Palm Cove. We had the opportunity to try the breakfast/brunch/lunch and dinner menus during our 7 night stay in Palm Cove.

The service was wonderful, food tasty, and prices reasonable with an amazing stunning ocean view. There was even an Indian chef 'Patel' who made the most amazing authentic Indian style samosa's along with a tasty tangy green mint coriander chutney dip - heaven! Oh and the chilli crab on the dinner menu was amazing - I have tried to master some of these recipes as I am an avid amateur chef. We are planning to return in December 2012, can't wait.