“Food tastes fine, but lacklustre...”

The Rising Sun Bar & Bistro
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Adelaide
“Food tastes fine, but lacklustre...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

After surveying the many restaurants/eateries at palm cove, we decided to have lunch at rising sun.
I chose the fish of the day, grilled snapper. When this came out it looked unimpressive - very basic salad and small piece of fish. For $30, I expected something above deli style. It tasted fine, but definately nothing to rave about.
My wife tried the Vietnamese chicken salad. For $20 this was better value. Tasted fine also, but no wow factor.

Melbourne, Australia
“Yummy!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our meals were absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. My husband and I shared the pork ribs for entree, a little spicy for my liking but delicious none the less. I had the lamb cultelts for main and my husband the chicken parma, both were scruptious. The highlight however was dessert, we shared the turkish delight brownie and fought over the last bite. We will definately be back!

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous experience, tasty food yum !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled up to Palm Cove, Far North Queensland in November 2011 and this was our favourite restaurant in Palm Cove. We had the opportunity to try the breakfast/brunch/lunch and dinner menus during our 7 night stay in Palm Cove.

The service was wonderful, food tasty, and prices reasonable with an amazing stunning ocean view. There was even an Indian chef 'Patel' who made the most amazing authentic Indian style samosa's along with a tasty tangy green mint coriander chutney dip - heaven! Oh and the chilli crab on the dinner menu was amazing - I have tried to master some of these recipes as I am an avid amateur chef. We are planning to return in December 2012, can't wait.

Visited November 2011
Sydney, Australia
“A Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate a nice lunch of a chicken burger with chips ($17) (there were only 4 chips on the plate !) and a Vietnamese beef salad. Both were good. We returned for dinner on another night but were disappointed. My chicken parma was dry and my wife's grilled salmon ($32)was tasteless. For the prices I did not see value at dinner.

• Visited September 2012
Cairns, Australia
“Great food, great staff and very reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have had lunch here on numerous occasions over the last couple of years and have always enjoyed the good food, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and great cocktails. The calamari and the Sun burger are always good, as are all of the meals we've had. Will definitely be heading back for more.

• Visited August 2012