The Rising Sun Bar & Bistro
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Standing proudly in the middle of Williams esplanade we offer all day dining with a relaxed coastal vibe. We focus on being a house of good food and a home of hospitality, offering locally sourced products, a great variety of beverages, outside dining and a kids corner. So go where the locals go and come on down to The Rising Sun!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our meals were absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. My husband and I shared the pork ribs for entree, a little spicy for my liking but delicious none the less. I had the lamb cultelts for main and my husband the chicken parma, both were scruptious. The highlight however was dessert, we shared the turkish delight brownie and fought over the last bite. We will definately be back!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled up to Palm Cove, Far North Queensland in November 2011 and this was our favourite restaurant in Palm Cove. We had the opportunity to try the breakfast/brunch/lunch and dinner menus during our 7 night stay in Palm Cove.

The service was wonderful, food tasty, and prices reasonable with an amazing stunning ocean view. There was even an Indian chef 'Patel' who made the most amazing authentic Indian style samosa's along with a tasty tangy green mint coriander chutney dip - heaven! Oh and the chilli crab on the dinner menu was amazing - I have tried to master some of these recipes as I am an avid amateur chef. We are planning to return in December 2012, can't wait.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate a nice lunch of a chicken burger with chips ($17) (there were only 4 chips on the plate !) and a Vietnamese beef salad. Both were good. We returned for dinner on another night but were disappointed. My chicken parma was dry and my wife's grilled salmon ($32)was tasteless. For the prices I did not see value at dinner.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have had lunch here on numerous occasions over the last couple of years and have always enjoyed the good food, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and great cocktails. The calamari and the Sun burger are always good, as are all of the meals we've had. Will definitely be heading back for more.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went here for a late lunch (after arriving into Palm Cove) and the service was very good, friendly and prompt. I liked the calamari entree and the rest of the meal was good too. They have a decent choice of wines as well. The prices are very reasonable. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to go there for dinner, but when we'll be back in Palm Cove, we'll try that as well, so definitely coming back to this one.