“Taste like home!”

Beach Almond Beach House
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach Almond Beach House - modern asian seafood licenced restaurant. Char-grilled seafood, Singaporean chilli crab, black pepper crab, steaks, chicken, pork belly and vegetarian curries. Open: Mon-Sun 5 pm til 11 pm. Fri Sat Sun lunch 12pm til 5 pm
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We came to dine for our last night trip. I must say this restaurant serves the best meal in Cairns. We order the seafood platter for our main meal. Singapore chilli crab was a must try. Taste like the crab I normally ate back home. After a year in Australia finally I feel satisfied eating the Asian food. The staff are excellent. Their courtesy asking about the meal was very heartwarming. The owner and wife are friendly. He knows a lot of Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine as well. I am impressed. I gave him an information about one of Indonesian cuisine they must know from Bandung before I left the restaurant. Our last night in Palm Cove was ended with happy tummy. Keep it up! We are more than happy to come back on our next visit to Palm Cove.

There are newer reviews for Beach Almond Beach House

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Dined here with a group of 18 on 2 week golf trip. For 6 people it was their best meal of the trip.Slightly different from the usual menu but plenty for all. if you don't like things too hot let them know before you order. Great food great staff and reasonable price. Would not hesitate to dione again in future. Definitely in my top 3 in Port Douglas Palm Cove region.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Well, what can I say about beach almond? First of all my wife is chef and pretty hard to impress. So, we went to this restaurant after a tip from the receptionist of our hotel. The only thing I can say is we ended up going 4 times during our stay in Palm Cove. Tried almost the whole menu and all dishes were divine. On top of that we can add the brilliant customer service. Beach almond: you guys made our short break in Palm Cove much more delicious. Thank you so much Romero and Amanda - Adelaide

1  Thank Salzburg2013
Reviewed June 25, 2014

During our visit to Palm Cove - we tried a number of restaurant options (all expensive/none outstanding) - until we tried Beach Almond. Fresh seafood cooked with Asian influences. My son had the soft shell crab (a little greasy) and the salt & pepper calamari. My husband and I had the barramundi cooked 2 ways - Balinese and wrapped in a banana leaf (with coconut, lemon and spices) - it was outstanding! If you're looking for something above the average in Palm Cove - this is the place to try!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went for lunch (open for lunch on Sunday only).

Service was friendly - borderline try-hard friendly. Wine list was quite good.

Decor very basic (the sandwich bar next door had better chairs and tables).

Meal took almost one hour to arrive which surprised us both as there were only two tables of diners - perhaps the chef was late in?

We had Lobster and Butter Prawns. Both were very nice, although lobster was the winner. I was a little hungry after the prawns - there were 5 or 6 butterflied whole prawns which looked good on the plate but not much flesh.

If it hadn't been for the meals, we'd score an average at best.