“Enjoyable evening”

Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family friendly italian restaurant serving only the best local produce. Italian food with an innovative twist. Enjoy al fresco dining opposite beautiful Palm Cove beach. Dine in or takeaway. Fully licensed bar. Restaurant is available for functions and off site catering.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Is this 5 star, no, but enjoyable Italian fare with vast menu choices. Having been a visitor to Palm Cove regularly over the we have always included Portobellos for at least one dinner and have never been disappointed. Only downfall is the greeting as you enter, with the latest changes of enclosing the entrance there is no specific "please wait to be seated" area and the staff if busy are flying around everywhere and catch you as they go past. An appointed maître d who greets and seats people would make this a more efficient and friendly welcome and if you are having to wait, serve up a complimentary glass of bubbles or liqueur as you wait and ensure guests are seated. Also a designated take out counter would be good as people stroll in and out thru the restaurant to get their take away meals and this takes away from the ambience of what is a great location.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

They have a stunning location but straight away if the grubby little restaurant manager seats you it's a bit off putting. The food was below average. If you want a decent pizza I'd rather go to Il Forno. Similar prices but better quality. The wine list was okay. They just seemed to have copied all their cocktails from the restaurant next door. Just because you give it a different name, doesn't mean you came up with it.

1  Thank 980Lewis
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Treated some friends to a meal whilst on a special holiday a celebration and the menu appealled as it was so extensive ........something for everyone! It was busy and staff were stretched and the tables were very close together it was a hot evening and extra fans would have been welcome! The food was delicious however I thought it a little overpriced and the servo needs to be more personalised even if they are busy.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Whilst staying in Palm Cove I visited this Restaurant twice - Mistake!!! The first time I went I ordered a simple pasta dish which was absolutely beautiful. The service was ok, but not outstanding. My bill was $22.00. I only had a $50.00 note - I am still waiting for the change!!! despite this I had enjoyed the food and the second time I went, I thought I will pay with my card then the same wont happen. As I went into the restaurant, I found the manager (a little guy hanging around entrance) quite rude and off putting for a customer on their own! I ordered a chicken ceaser salad. When it came it was nothing like a ceaser salad. I complained, they didn't change it. They offered me some ice cream to say sorry!!! Palm Cove amazing just not this restaurant.

2  Thank Green_Frog322
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Right on the beach at Palm Cove, this restaurant has everything to offer. We had dinner on a perfect evening, balmy night with a gentle breeze, table right at the front. Our experience was wonderful, immediately greeted by a cheery waitress, who quickly bought water and menus then our drinks. It was difficult to choose from the menu as it all sounded delicious. Good seafood options which pleased us.
Overall, great service, great food, great spot.

1  Thank LalaTib