“Fantastic food, coeliac friendly, well priced!”
Review of Vivo Palm Cove

Vivo Palm Cove
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All day dining from 6.30am daily. Happy Hour and Tapas from 3-5.30pm. Beachfront dining offering stunning views out to the Coral Sea, incorporating outdoor seating as well as verandah seating in a classic Queensland colonial building. Proudly serving Genovese coffee.
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is what all restaurants in this area should aspire to. Great service, brilliant food (simple food done well) and the staff are more than willing to adjust dishes on the menu for dietary requirements! I had a fantastic lunch here, so much so that I brought a party of four back for dinner! 5 stars from me. Many thanks to the ladies and gents here!

1  Thank Cameron H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,839)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had lunch at Vivo on our last day in Palm Cove.
It was a lovely meal - my wife had the fish and chips (barramundi), plenty of slices of fish in a nice batter with rather good chips, and I had the lamb salad, three excellent grilled lamb cutlets with a green salad with pesto and pine nuts.
No room for desserts.
I would recommend Vivo for any meal - nice to sit outside to watch the waves.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy the service, they are always so quirky and so attentive. The food is good but it isn't outstanding.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

On St Pat's day we shunned the green "sham-rocked" sites and headed to an old favourite - Vivo's Bar and Grill at Palm Cove. They had a new (ish) chef (I believe French) and I was eager to see what had changed and how it was now handled. It's hard not to like Vivo's on such a glorious day anyway, but the restaurant made it sublime. Some menu items have changed - for the better - and slowly traces of "Frenchification" is creeping in eg in the delicious sounding classic fast food Croque Monsieur.
Usually we start with the antipasto but this time we eschewed a first course (it is Lent after all) and had one of the daily specials of tempura beef strips served with a ricotta, baby spinach, pumpkin and crouton salad which was delightfully seasonal, beautifully presented and deliciousl in its subtle balance of flavours. I had one of the new dishes: veal scallopini with garlic mashed potatoes, a tomato and baby spinach salad with a balsamic reduction. I don't know where Vivo gets its meat but the veal was tender and flavoursome - very melt in the mouth - a beautifully balanced and delicious meal. We shared the gelati as afters. We left replete and very very happy we'd avoided leprechauns for such a fabulous lunch. By the way most of our old faves are still there: soft shell crab, pork belly salad, pasta with crab and chilli and of course their excellent antipasto plate. So we will be back (and back and back) again to what I consider to be THE top place for modern Oz food and cocktails in a prime position in Palm Cove

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Really love this place. Has great food and wonderful service. Palm cove beach has beautiful views to double island and plenty of room for stretching out on the beach.