“Better than average but...”
Review of Vivo Palm Cove

Vivo Palm Cove
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All day dining from 6.30am daily. Happy Hour and Tapas from 3-5.30pm. Beachfront dining offering stunning views out to the Coral Sea, incorporating outdoor seating as well as verandah seating in a classic Queensland colonial building. Proudly serving Genovese coffee.
Sydney, Australia
“Better than average but...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

had dinner at Vivo as we usually do on our trips to Palm Cove. Once again the food was generally good with their calamari entree being a hit. However they sometimes try to do too much with the food as was the case with my wife's main course. I very nice piece of fish done up with a crust that did not enhance the fish at all. My linguine with spanner crab was fresh and tasty however i could only find one substantial piece of crabmeat in the dish. Whilst the service was quick and friendly surely they would offer cracked pepper and perhaps some parmesan cheese to go with the pasta!!

1 Thank Chappelli1954

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went to Vivo on 3 separate occasions during a 10 day stay in Palm Cove - breakfast, dinner and coffee.

On all occasions, I found this place to be very relaxed, set in a perfect open- air environment. The waiters were all friendly and professional, (especially the guy that served us for breakfast). The menu was extensive and prices where on par with the other restaurants along the strip.

The food on all occasion was delicious...although my poached eggs for breakfast were not as runny as I would have liked them!

I would have given this place 5 stars if it wasn't for the small serving of smoked trout that my friend was given as a side order.

1 Thank Andrew L
Auckland, New Zealand
“Delicious Brunch”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My partner and I used Trip Advisor as a guide for brunch as there are so many restaurants in Palm Cove. Vivos did not disappoint. The breakfast menu is varied and although a bit more expensive, totally worth it. I have the trout omelette and my partner had the home made baked beans item on the menu which he raved about. My omelette was huge and delicious and kept me full until dinner time. My partner loved having coconut water with his breakfast and the views and service were excellent. Can't wait to come back here some time.

Melbourne, Australia
“Will Cater for Vegans”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Vivo has been a favourite of ours since our first visit in 2011. We had our first meal in Palm Cove here and we always try and eat there when we are staying in town.
Vivo has exceptional service standards—the staff aren't snobbish or pretentious like other places in the area, instead they are professional, friendly and always helpful, from the bar staff, to the chefs to the waiting staff, we have never had a bad experience. So, we always leave a nice tip.
We were concerned when we went there last year, that as we had become vegan, we would not be able to eat at Vivo. However, I emailed the restaurant and they promptly responded with a personalised menu for us. It was absolutely brilliant and not full of the usual insulting meals like salads, risotto, pasta, sorbet and so forth.
This year, we emailed them again, but we didn't receive a reply, I assume this is because they were busy. When we went in to ask about vegan meals they were able to cater for us that night. We got bruschetta and vegetable pasta, which was very nice considering the short notice. The waitress, who was vegetarian and therefore understood exactly what we were after, was absolutely brilliant. She recommended the fruit platter, so we came in the following night to take her up on her recommendation, and it was beautiful: tropical fruits presented skillfully, washed down with some delicious cocktails.
Vivo also does 'Happy Hour' between 3-6pm where all cocktails are $10 and you can get tapas. We had a simple bowl of chips, which was very nice and then tried four different cocktails. Sitting out on the deck sipping mojitos and watching the waves through those stunning palm trees is up there with only the best of experiences, and I certainly recommend it.
What I love about Vivo, apart from the service, the fact they will cater for us, and the quality of the food, is the location. Unlike restaurants further up and down the main road, Vivo is set apart from the crowd. It stands in it's own building, so the atmosphere is intimate and sophisticated, without being crowded or 'touristy'.
This is one of the best restaurants we've been to, and if they keep serving the vegan fare, we'll be happy to eat there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ChantalTee
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Perfect level of service, beautiful meals, so much to choose from on the menu , relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely recommend for a special meal!