“very comfortable”
Review of Hotel Kununurra

Hotel Kununurra
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here just recently, the room we had was very clean and well presented. A beautiful well kept garden out the front of it. The pool was lovely and clean very well maintained. We had breakfast in the dining room which was very nice. The staff where all friendly and helpful. The room we had was very quiet, it was trivia night at the hotel and you couldn't hear a thing I would reccommend here to anyone needing accommodation in Kununrra.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl c

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Ok for $200/nt it can only be described as atrocious. How this place gets three stars is beyond me obviously they pay the RAC it is not worth one star
They were meant to pick us up at the airport after twenty minutes waiting we rang and someone turned up ten minutes later ( drive into town is about 3 mins)
The room stunk like the mop was mouldy and was decorated in the 70's. The taps leak, toilet leaks and overall very tired and drab.
As we were late due to our pickup time we had dinner there - HUGE mistake
We both ordered steak to be safe and pepper sauce. The sauce had obviously gone mouldy in the fridge but was put on the steak so all you could taste was mould.
DO NOT STAY HERE
And we got charged for the meal!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Laslox
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The staff were nice (reception staff) - that is about all that was good about the place - oh and the dinner was pretty good. When I tried to book, their online system on their website kept showing an error. When I got here the room smelt of a cross between being shut up for too long and the smell of public toilets. I opened the window (in spite of the 37oC temp outside) but could not get the smell out. The tv remote control doesnt work (2 buttons do - but the rest have died of over use and old age). The bathroom is very run down and the door is split. All the scrubbing in the world couldnt make it look clean. The aircon is noisy - very noisy. Impossible to sleep with - but temp here makes it impossible to sleep with out. I turned it on roughly every hour for 10 mins to try and cool the room, then turned it off and went back to sleep until the heat woke me, and I had to turn it on again. The room looks like it was last refurbished in 1980.... it is well overdue. There are no spare powerpoints in the room and had to plug my laptop into the bathrom. The door handle is dodgy - giving me no certainty of my security!

Seriously - I know how much it costs to run a tourism facility in the north of Australia - but if you dont start reinvesting some money in the hotels in Kununurra - no one will stay in Kununurra by choice! The All Seasons Kununurra is marginally better (in that the aircon in the room I had was at least quiet enough to sleep with)... but at much the same rate, both are well below the standard I would expect for the price.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep before midnight - ask for a room away from the pub.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank holidaycritic73
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Accommodation in Kununurra is dear. So is this place. It's very basic and simple. There is a small fridge, small TV and a kettle. NO toaster.
Bathroom is OK.
Check-in staff were really nice and allowed us to check-in early.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I didnt hold high expectations for the hotel but couldnt get any other accommodation. the pictures of the rooms looked clean and tidy and as it was only a couple of days - it should be fine. What a surprise - the rooms were clean and tidy and even a smidge better than hotel standard. Full cooked breakfast was included in the rate and the meals were all good - backpacking reception staff also seem to have lifted the standard expected with checkin. Being called by your first name whilst checking in - in the kuimberley has never happend to me before. overall a nice surprise

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was a bit apprehensive booking this hotel with no recent tripadvisor reviews, but there was nothing much else left in town when I wanted to visit. I stayed in a double room with ensuite for three nights and I was pleasantly surprised. The motel-style room was big, clean and comfortable and had all the amenities I required (fridge, tea & coffee-making facilities, aircon, TV plus a kind of verandah which I didn't get time to make use of). It was well away from the pub-part of the hotel, so there was little noise except that made by inconsiderate fellow guests banging doors and conversing loudly outside early one morning. The bathroom was small but functional and had a walk-in shower. The hotel restaurant served breakfast made to order and had an excellent, although rather expensive dinner menu. Coles and Target and a variety of other shops were just across the road and it was only a short walk down to the lake which seemed a popular picnic spot for the locals. The hotel also had an internet kiosk and a swimming pool and offered free airport pick-ups and drop-offs. I can't really see why you would want to stay anywhere else in Kununurra, particularly since you are not likely to spend much time in the town (and the hotel) itself but will be out exploring Lake Argyle and the incredible Bungle Bungles.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank lutzy
Reviewed September 16, 2009

The hotel has a good position in the center of the town but the rooms are old and with poor maintenance. When we stay there the pool was out of service for three days. The workers were rude and in conclusion I don't raccomand this place for a pleasent stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple