My husband and I visited Kununurra for a quick getaway and chose The Kimberley Grande based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor. We had a Garden View room and were very pleased with the modern furnishings, decor, large bathroom (big shower! And nice toiletries) and ceiling fan and air-con (to keep us cool on those 40 degree days!). The reception, pool area, bistro and bar (loved the wooden furnishings and gorgeous bar... the nice range of wine on offer didn't hurt either!) looked great and were clean. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but did note that the area could do with a bit more shade. Staff were friendly and pleasant to deal with. Dinner in the bistro was nice (the menu was limited but we easily found something we liked) and on the Saturday night there was tasty wood fired pizza. Breakfast was disappointing. Hot food was minimal and on our second breakfast no hot food was available. Our main complaint would be that we booked a package (Romance in February) for our stay that included breakfast, drink and dinner voucher and the staff were not aware of the package details. We had to explain what was included to the reception staff at check in and check out and also to the bistro staff at breakfast and dinner. As the package was promoted on their own website (and we booked through their website) it was rather annoying to have to keep explaining the package to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kimberley Grande is the premier resort destination in Kununurra, the perfect place to use as a base whilst exploring the Kimberley's ancient landscape. Tranquillity and relaxing atmosphere awaits our guests to rejuvenate before embarking on the next adventure within the untouched beauty of the Kimberley’s. Our 72 rooms are very spacious, stylish and modern, all fully equipped with air-conditioning, 55 inch plasma TV’s, tea and coffee facilities and extra-large showers. All rooms have a 3.5m sliding door / window that lets in an abundance of natural light. Outdoor seating is provided to enjoy the full beauty of the Kimberley outback and our resort in which our beautiful gardens and palms surround our 25m swimming pool. The Kimberley Grande also has 5 luxurious spa suites. The Kimberley Grande is famous for its typical pleasant outback hospitality. Our aim is to ensure your stay with us is a highlight of your Kimberley experience. Free WIFI is available for all guests. Our guests can indulge in the exquisite dishes at our onsite restaurant indoor or in our courtyard. Alternatively, guest may choose to eat by the pool, our outside front deck or in the Sports Bar with its multiple large screens and range of international sports. Just 2 minutes from our town centre by car and 4 minutes from the airport - The Kimberley Grande sits across from the picturesque Celebrity Tree Park along with the sparking Lily Creek Lagoon. The legendary Boab trees line the front of the property. Onsite parking available for guests extends from just cars to those with camper trailers or motorhomes. Airport transfers are available. Tour desk on site. The Kimberley Grande is under new management and is no longer operated by Pinctada Hotels & Resorts Pty Ltd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Kimberley Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberley Grande Kununurra
- The Kimberley Grande Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia