“Comfortable stay”

The Kimberley Grande
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
Reviewed June 30, 2014

They've done a solid job of doing up an old motel, with some decent bedding and nice fittings, turning it into a swish-looking hotel. It looks rather more luxurious on the website than in reality, however it's perfectly acceptable and one of the better options in Kununurra.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Londoner1879,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
I believe that the Kimberley Grande is the most distinctive type of property in Kununurra with its magnificent sand stone structure, the elements of the Kimberley can be harsh and our maintenance team do a great job to ensure that the resort is kept up to scratch for our lovely guests.
The finer points such as bedding and fittings also ensure that guests feel comfortable whilst staying with us and the large rooms give a sense of space that the region is famous for.
You are correct in your statement that the Kimberley Grande is one of the better locations to stay at in town, I personally believe its the only place you need to stay.
Thank you again for your review and also for choosing to stay with us, I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here two nights. The location is slightly out of town but fine with a car. They picked us up from the airport. The room was spacious. We had a garden room but the view was average as we looked across to the other units. Lack of chairs on balcony but staff found some for us when asked, although these were removed before we even go to enjoy them. Not sure if by staff or other guests. Good size shower, bathroom. The pool area was of generous size.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BSGB,

Thank you for staying at the Kimberley Grande and also your recent review.
I am glad you enjoyed the 2 days you stayed with us and that in general your experince at the hotel was a good one.
The large room seems to have pleased along with our lovely large pool area.
I hope if you return to Kununurra you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I arived in the afternoon and I would have gone for a swim in their magnificent pool had I not wanted to go straight out and get some sunset photos. I went straight across the road and got this shot of the boab by the river. I didn't get a great deal of time to take too many photos and I think a car would have certainly helped in this remote locaion.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and I was comfortable as soon as got there. My room was very spacious and it felt very appropriate to the surrounds. I loved the cowhide rug under the coffee table and the furnishing were very nice. The room had a very classic country feel to it and the bathroom felt quite elegant with it's big wooden framed mirror and raised sink.

I ate at their sports bar one night and the steak was very well cooked and tender, the sides were delicious and the beer was nice and cold. I didn't eat at their restaurant but it looked very nice.

They reccomended the Pumphouse Restaurant and Bar for some nice food with a view of the river and then drove us there as they weren't sure how long we would have to wait for a taxi.

Kununurra's taxi service is not the most reliable and finishes at about 10pm so if you get home plan to do so early. The hotel staff were well aware of this and offered lifts when they had the time to do so. They even gave me a lift to the airport on the last day.

It just felt like the manager went the extra mile for us at every available opportunity.

Room Tip: If you want to take good photos I think some transport to explore would be good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear MiguelGallagher,

Firstly let me say thank you on behalf of our hard working team for the kind words regarding your stay and of the service you were so impressed with.
We have had a many visitors recently who are keen photographers, staying at the Kimberley Grande is ideal for anyone with this passion as we are situated just across the road from some gorgeous scenery such as Lily Lagoon and alike.
I am glad you appreciated the style of the property and the touches that have been included to remind guests of the unique area of which is the Kimberley.
You mentioned you enjoyed the dining experience in the Sports Bar that is perfect for a casual night out, it's great you also got to experience some of the other quality dining available in town and is re assuring to all that there is plenty of quality in Kununurra.
Once again for your kind words and I hope to welcome you back to the Grande again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on our trip around the Kimberley. Room was spacious, cool, clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. The attached restaurant and bar were great. Lovely food, no rush to get into town for a meal. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Admittedly no room service but you can pick up your meal and take it back to your room. Lovely park opposite. Pool was enormous. A bit of a walk into town but nothing too taxing. Laundry facilities available at a cost. All in all really happy we chose to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hello Mal & Denise B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 2 night stay at the Kimberley Grande.
We are lucky that so many of our guests take the time to offer information to other travelers looking to make their way to Kununurra and our property.
The information that you have offered is a perfect snapshot of our facilities and service, it is also one that so many other guests have agreed with.
At this point the Kimberley Grande has the most reviews of any property in Kununurra and our rating on Tripadvisor consists of mosty 4 then 5 stars which is a great indicator for anyone looking to visit.
As always I will pass on your comments of how friendly and professional our team are, I will also inform our Food & Beverage team that you loved our dining and bar.
Thank you for staying at the Kimberley Grande and we would love to look after you if you ever make it back to Kununurra.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This oasis of a hotel was very welcomed by us after crossing the outback. The room was large and comfortable, the restaurant was very good with a good menu and excellent food. The pool was fantastic, clean and large. Service was very good throughout the hotel. One of the best hotels we experienced across 5000 kms of Australia.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms and above are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hello WestyTweedValley,

To quote your review "One of the best hotels we experienced across 5000 kms of Australia" is a wonderful endorsement for our property.
I an glad you enjoyed the Kimberley Grande and that each department has had a posative experience for your stay.
As a manager it is great to hear that the service was great throughtout the property and I can assure you that I will be passing this information onto the team.
Your journey (5000km) must have taken you through some fantastic areas of Australia and the thought that we have helped makes this a special experience is very satisfying.
I am sure you were ready for a dip in the best resort pool in the Kimberley followed by the excellent dining on site.
Thank you very much for choosing the Kimberley Grande and if you ever make it back to Kununurra we would love to look after you again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed at the Pinctada Kimberley Grande for 1 night. The room was really spacious, stylish and very clean, bathroom and shower area was massive and the concrete flooring and walls made it nice and cool inside. I ordered off the in room menu and went to collect it from the grill restaurant. The meal was delicious and very well priced. The staff seemed very friendly. I enjoyed my stay at The Kimberely Grande, I would stay there again if I was ever in Kununurra again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Mark S, Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Varns,
Thank you for the recent review you have taken time to post.
Your post has mentioned most elements (other than our fantastic pool) of our property and you seemed to be genuinely happy with everything.
It is nice that you took the time to mention our friendly and helpful staff, I believe we have the best team in the Kimberley and will pass on the point.
You also mentioned the delicious meal that you had, once again I believe we have the best dining in the Kimberley and will make sure the kitchen team are aware of your comments.
We would love to see you back at the Kimberley Grande should you be able to make it back into Kununurra.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed 4 star no way more like 3 .room service yes but you must go and get your meal.1 movie channel.old rooms .furniture p.ss poor .must have been nice 10 years .ago.overpriced overstated.very disappointed

• Stayed: June 2014
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

rjbAustralia,
I would generally start my reviews with a thank you but in this instance it is very difficult.
There does not seem to be anything about the property you were happy with, which is very disappointing as it is a long way to come to not enjoy.
I believe our star rating on Tripadvisor speaks for itself with the majority of reviews rating our property as 4 star and a high percentage believing the resort is worthy of 5 stars.
I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the region however as you did not give a review on the area I fear there was little you have found to your liking which is unusual.
Should you choose to return we would be more than happy to offer you some great insight into the Wonderful Kimberley.

Regards