“Wonderful rooms”

The Kimberley Grande
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What wonderful rooms! Extremely spacious, great bed, lovely clean bathroom, good TV channel selection. I was only here overnight for work but will certainly make this hotel a priority when returning. Lovely pool. F&B staff friendly and attentive. Only one very minor point - signage for other guests to pull over to the left when checking in/out would be handy as had to wait 10 mins stuck behind another vehicle. No biggie, though. This hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Matt P,

I believe the Kimberley Grande is the best value resort in not only Kununurra but the whole of the Kimberley region and beyond, this is due to all the reasons you have mentioned, staff, rooms, pool and so on.
We appreciate your feed back on all counts, this includes your comment about a sign for the porte cochere which we will be looking in to.
It is important to hear feedback about guests experiences and I am glad yours was so positive.

Marks Shannon

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great place to stay, great meals. Friendly staff. Very clean rooms with fantastic water pressure in showers. Will definitely be back and will recommend staying here to friends and family.
Great place to base yourself in the region and travel around.

• Stayed: February 2014

Hi Tami Tas,

"Friendly staff. Very clean rooms with fantastic water pressure in showers" is spot on from your review.
I note that you will definitely be back and will also recommend us to your friends, thank you very much for this and I must add to all of the other guests that have been doing this of late, our repeat business is very strong and it all comes down to guest satisfaction.

Thanks again for the 5 star review.

General Manger

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I absolutely loved staying here. The rooms were elegant, clean and tidy. Great little restaurant. I love the pool area as well and the grassed area was great to sit on. I was hoping I was lucky enough to stay in the room that Nicole Kidman stayed in

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you very much for the lovely review posted.
By the sounds of it you have just had a relaxing an enjoyable time at our property, with the room's, dining and pool all helping complete your stay.
It's been a while since someone has mentioned about the cast and crew staying at the Kimberley Grande, it speaks volumes that such high profile and travelled celebrities stayed at the premier location in Kununurra.
You never know the next time you visit who might be in one of our fantastic rooms.
Once again thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

great rooms, big and airy. Can open huge sliding doors to the outside so you don't feel shut in. Great aircon. The ceiling fan worked, but very wobbly. The bedside lights were also wobbly, but otherwise the room was lovely. The bathroom was big and roomy with a huge shower. Nice toiletries. The staff were pleasant. The restaurant wasn't open in January, but we had some very nice meals in the PKG Bar & Grill. The basic rooms were very good value ($115) during the off-season.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hello Sally A,
I am glad you loved our lovely big rooms, they always get great revues regarding the space and feel.
Whilst you weren't too concerned of the ceiling fan and lamp I can assure you that our maintenance team are currently working their way through the property to fix any little problem.
You mentioned our dining facilities which in my view are the best in town, whilst the Grill was closed for your stay its great you enjoyed the same fantastic quality meals in our PKG Sports Bar.
Most importantly you won't have to wait until the off-season to stay as this year we are
re adjusting rates to allow guests the opportunity of staying at our premier property for great value all year round.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at PKG, despite my booking not appearing - luckily not peak season.
Spacious room, unfortunately no air-con or fan on as room not planned to be given to me or anyone else that day. Took a while to get room cool, size of room means only near air-con is really cool, luckily bed is near it. Although my air-con was pretty noisy and probably contributed to my poor sleeping. Bathroom stays warm with open window ventilation that can't be closed. Pity bathroom not a bit bigger as room is huge. Had a little gecko as my roommate, he wasn't a barking one to keep me awake at night.
Plenty of other lizards on site to amuse me, especially near the pool in the mornings. Pool was great and could do laps in it, easier this time of year when off peak season and no other swimmers. Breakfasts ok, no hot meals but not really needed in the 40+ weather.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fabsnake
Mark S, Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hi Fabsnake,
Thank you for staying at the Kimberley Grande and also for the review.
I am very happy to see that you reviewed us so highly with the 4 stars/circles.
You did mention the issue regarding air conditioner and for this I am sorry it was a bit noisy, as the travel itinerary wasn't sent to us we had to find the first room at hand. If I knew that there was any problem I would have arranged another location on the property.
I am glad you enjoyed the company of our local lizard population which keep so may amused with the way they run and carry on.
Also I see the comment of how much you enjoyed the pool and the time of year, surprisingly during full occupancy the pool is popular but there never seems to be a time where you cant get it almost to yourself to do laps or relax.
Once again thank you for the review and I hope to see you again at the Kimberley Grande

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff were so helpful; our room was wonderful, so large and comfortable. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant on site. All in all a great 3 days. Laundry facilities are good but not cheap $5 per wash and dry so $10 total, but this was not a major issue. There is a large, modern pool which is kept very clean, plenty of parking and it was very quiet.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank emmamweston
Mark S, Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello Emmamweston,
Thank you for the review and for staying at Pinctada Kimberley Grande.
Everything you mentioned about the rooms, staff and pool are right on the money and we are so happy that they obviously made the difference for your recent stay.
We are lucky that although the resort is only minutes from town we have our own piece of the Kimberley's and a place that you can relax in piece and quiet.
The reoccurring comment that pop's up on our guest reviews are the wonderful meals available in the restaurant, next time you come through it would be well worth trying the relaxed dining in the Sports Bar which is based on our restaurant menu and is also fantastic.
I will pass the kind words and 5 stars onto our staff, thank you for taking the time for your review.
Operations Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2013

the hotel is very impressive and you think it is good to stay her, but the room was not perfect clean, the breakfast buffet average nothing exiting and the coffee to bitter. The staffs are drying but the waiter can’t understand what I was saying. Next time when I come up for work, will dry some think else

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Hello David W
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
You mentioned the Pinctada Kimberley Grande is very impressive and I totally agree, with the large rooms, grounds and fantastic pool area.
You also mentioned a couple of points regarding the language barrier of some staff members, this is a problem most venues have in the region and we are working on recruiting. This recruitment includes our rooms department where we have just appointed a new head house keeper to ensure the high standards in which so many have reviewed in the past are maintained.
I have taken on board the issues with the breakfast buffet and am pleased to announce that we have a new menu launch which includes a sandwich press, addition continental buffet selections with fresh fruits, meats and a waffle machine that will test a lot of belt buckles.
I sincerely hope you visit us again as I know that the changes in our staffing team along with new breakfast menu prove that we listen to all our valued guests.