“Beautiful stay”

The Kimberley Grande
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
“Beautiful stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Lovely room. Restaurant was delicious but give room service a miss as food delivered lukewarm. Espresso coffee in poolside rooms great, husband loved it but tea drinkers miss out (include some boutique tea eg t2).
Would stay there again

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Laverton, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed here several times and loved it each time. The rooms are fantastic, especially the spa suites. The restaurant is awesome and the location directly across from the celebrity tree park makes a fantastic view to watch the sun go down as the bats fly over. My favourite place to stay when we go to kununurra.

Room Tip: Choose the spa suit. Large rooms, massive beds and a spa bath. Can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea A
perth
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed one night here in June and very impressed with the property and surrounds. I booked a wheelchair accessible room which was well located close to the pool, reception and eating areas.
Room was large with good facilities and space to move around in. Pool area was clean and outside furniture comfortable to relax on.
Breakfast provided a wide range of choices and was reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly, helpful and pleasant to approach and deal with.
I will certainly return and stay here again.
Dustoff 70.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The On a Wing and a Chair team of 7 people stayed here on their Round Australia Flight. The hotel is modern, well maintained and has a great swimming pool. The staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. This was most apparent when the team had to return unexpectedly to Kununurra due to bad weather. The team recommends this hotel highly.

Roberta (home base)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I always stay at the Grande when travelling through kununurra. Rooms are large and beds are really comfy. The hotel has a great upmarket Kimberley feel to it.
My only problem is that at depending on the room- some shower heads work well, others don't. ( same as the pillows! Some rooms have great pillows, others don't!).
I eat early when I am on a work trip, and twice have walked over to the hotel restraunt at 6pm, only to be told its booked out and would have to come back 45 min later or go to the bar or have room service- problem with the bar/ room service menu is that there is nothing light and health on the menu!
I always feel that restraunts should hold a few tables for in house guests to dine!!
So, I would reccommend that even in house guests book a table- or dine elsewhere!!
Other then that, it really is a great hotel and I look forward to my trips to kununurra as I feel I can depend on a quality nights sleep.
One of the main exercising tracks is just cross the road also, so location is great.

• Stayed June 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is actually a huge motel. No more no less. It has very big and clean rooms. You can easily invite 25 people for cocktail party in your room. But who needs that.

I paid 299$ for 1 night which is way overpriced. Not worth the money. But I assume the management takes advanced of the fact, that there is a greater demand for rooms in the area. I only stayed her because I could not find anything cheaper.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sdellasanta, General Manager at The Kimberley Grande, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Jorn,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make comment regarding your recent experience at Pinctada Kimberley Grande.

Firstly I would like to ensure that you are aware you have travelled during the busiest weekend in the East Kimberley, during our Ord Valley Muster and Kimberley Moon festival. All accommodation houses in the area are 100% full during this period and we all charge event rates during this week. I feel our room rate of $299 is extremely competitive within our local market and since we are the best product in town your comments seem a little contradictory.

I for one have travelled extensively throughout this and other countries. I have experienced both high and low end products and have never in my time seen a Motel with 72 rooms, conference and events facilities that can cater for over 300+ guests within three function rooms, a food and beverage operation that can seat 150+ guests at any one time across three meal periods, room service, and 25 meter swimming pool. I will again check the criteria provided by AAA Tourism who rate us as a 4 Star Resort to ensure they, the industry leaders in the field, are not mistaken.

I trust readers of this site will read past your comments and take on board previous guest comments who have actually stayed with us for more than one night and been able to experience both the resort, it's staff and of course the wonders of the Kimberley.

Lastly, may I suggest that next time you visit the area on business that you ensure you are not travelling during the busiest time of year, as you may again have to pay higher rates due to seasonal demand.

Portimao
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Fantastic hotel and the food in the resteraunt was even better, wateress service by Ria was also the same nothing too much trouble. Will deffinately be back well done to you all, and congratulations on the award, much deserved xx