“Mango smoothie a must”
Review of Ivanhoe Cafe

Ivanhoe Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Kununurra
Description: Fresh, fast, friendly and quality food . Homemade using local produce, some of which are farmed on our own property, Ivanhoe Farms! Enjoy a relaxing breakfast, lunch or homemade cakes and coffee under our mango trees. Don't miss out on our delicious mango smoothie!
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went there the morning this cafe opened for coffee and a smoothie. Let me say the service is fabulous and sitting outside is delightful if it wasn't so hot at the moment in Kununurra but the mango smoothie made up for that. It is the best I have had so far around Kununurra and I believe I have only the Sandalwood cafe to try. This place will be perfect when the weather cools a bit sitting under shade of mango trees. The menu looks fabulous as did cakes on display (mango cheesecake) and coffee was pretty good too. I will be going back thats for sure. Also there looked like there was plenty of staff so hats off to the owner for employing staff.

1  Thank Debra R

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I live going to the Ivanhoe Cafe.
The food is consistent.
Interesting and fresh.
Their grapefruit juice is to die for!
Perfect ambience under the Mango trees.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Speedy service great food great spot love it!
Perfect for families couples or business.
Cakes to die for!
Keep up the good work

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love that their meals are yummy and well priced and also you can sit outside and enjoy your meal.Great atmosphere,dont ever let your standard drop cos it is a fantastic place.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I visited Kununurra for business in SEP13.

A friend of mine who works in Kununurra took me to lunch at the Ivanhoe Cafe which is not far out of the town centre.

The cafe is built onto a homestead and on acreage - this means that you do get an "outback hospitality" experience - have no fear, you are NOT in a shopping strip.

It's all open air.

Seating is removed from the service and food preparation area and diners are seated under trees in the garden. This is extremely pleasant and soothing as the heat waves around you.

The cafe serves produce from the Ord River Valley and Kimberly region. You'll like it.

We ordered a mango smoothy with chia. What's chia? Well as i discovered its apparently a "Mayan" super-grain now grown in the area!

We also ordered a Barra-Burgers. Barramundi is abundant in the region. I love it.

The Barra-Burgers arrived with crusty whole mean buns, aioli and rocket salad - "yum" is an under statement.

The cafe also sells local produce such as chickpeas, chia and borlotti beans. This interests me as I'm increasingly sourcing high quality Australian products for my own home use.

I'me giving a rating of 5-stars for the food, overall experience and ability to purchase local products. NOT on the food alone which I'd give 3.5 / 4 stars.

If you are in Kununurra - I really consider the Ivanhoe Cafe a "must do".

1  Thank Michael J