“Nice lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hoochery Distillery

Hoochery Distillery
Ranked #11 of 34 things to do in Kununurra
More attraction details
Owner description: Hoochery Distillery is closed for the holidays from Dec 24 until early February. Our rums are available via mail order or from the bottle-shop (check our stockist list on facebook for a stockist near you. See you in 2017
Carnarvon WA
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Alcohol was expensive for what it was, but the food was reasonably priced and this is a nice place to stop for lunch after visiting the nearby sandalwood factory.

Visited July 2013

Tasmania, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Ah the cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Kununurra two years in a row and each time have been out to the Hoochery not for the rum but for the cakes. Though they are well flavored with rum they are scrumptious. It's a nice place to sit either inside or outside and just enjoy the day with a coffee/tea and cake.

Visited July 2013
Darwin, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic Cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Dropped in the Hoochery, not really expecting much as my partner and I don't like rum (not really sure what lead us there to be honest!!) but so glad we did. We grabbed a slice of Rum Cake and the Cheesecake and two non-rum drinks and the cakes were fantastic. They were both very rummy (luckily I don't mind it in food) and a strong taste of molasses in both but they were fantastic. In fact I have emailed them for the recipe and I would be happy to buy a bottle of rum in order to make the cake! Would make a perfect Christmas cake.
Great little set up on the working farm, perfect to drop in for a beer even if you don't like the sound of the cake....and the Sandalwood factory down the road is another great stop too.
Didnt realise there was a tour but would have been interesting I think.

Visited June 2013
Narrabundah
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Rum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Don't miss the opportunity to sample the best rum in Western Australia bar none. I was driving past and spotted the brewery and thought why not go in. I was not expecting a lot but I found that the staff were very friendly and had a lot of local information. Then the surprise they offered me a sample of the rums giving 2 nips for $5. Well I want to buy the lot but I was a long way from home (Canberra) so I only bought a single bottle of the top of the range at 76% by volume alcohol but it was very smooth not tasting overall strong. I wish I could have bought the full range but I only had a small suitcase with me and was flying out next morning so I did not want to carry too much breakable items. The rum I did buy came in a lovely wooden crate and was well protected. It survived the trip home but has since been sampled with much pleasure.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank gordon35au
Western Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Coffee & cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had coffee, cake & rum tasters. Great atmosphere, excellent rum cake.
The cane royale liqueur is really nice, would make a great gift
Well worth the trip out.

Visited March 2013