“Nice food”

PKG Bar and Grill
Ranked #21 of 21 Restaurants in Kununurra
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We tried this place for dinner a few times during out stay in Kununurra. We visited the bar, rather than the grill restaurant.

The outside area is quite nice. "Interesting" artwork (if you can call it that) inside!

The service was pleasant and the meals were lovely each time. Good pizza.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We hadn't dined at the Grande for a little while and went back recently for what was a great meal. However the table service was below standard where we could barely get a drink and when I asked for a dessert menu, the wait staff member came back with one but failed to comeback for an order.... 15 minutes later we got up, paid the bill and left. Disappointing.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lacks atmosphere and food was mediocre. Music was really awful and dreaded having to go here each morning for breakfast.

1  Thank denise57_10
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ate here twice on our trip to Kununurra once in the bar and once in the restaurant and both times the meals were perfect. The service was also very professional. I would have to rate this the best dining in Kununurra.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Finally, after two years of attempting to get here for dinner we eventually made it. Having eaten next door at the sports bar for lunch twice before and been pleasantly surprised I was expecting something half decent at the Bar and Grill.

I will start with the good, and there was plenty of them. Made a reservation and everything was in order for our arrival including high chair. We had 6 kids and 1 baby so the colouring in packs they provided were fantastic. The $10 kids menu was also pretty amazing. The sizes were huge and from the little bit I managed to taste the quality was quite decent.

The place is large so there was a lot of space between tables which I love especially when dining with a large group. There was an outside and inside area.

The service was very good. Nice friendly waitresses who took our orders professionally and apart from one missing bowl of chips (did not need them) there were no mistakes. The food arrived very quickly and it all looked very well presented.

For me there was only two let downs. The first was the air cons. Not sure if they were struggling or just set to high but we all found it just a little bit warm and uncomfortable. Not a big issue though really. The other was the food. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the food - in fact we all did but there just seemed something missing. That little extra that makes you go wow - this is great! The lamb and pork belly we believed to be slightly over cooked. We all finished our meals, we all enjoyed them and I am sure we will all be back but perhaps will try something different on the menu in the hunt for that knock out blow! Good job guys.

1  Thank MeMock