Two days at El Questro was two days too many. Service; the room are so sparse that the only purpose they serve is somewhere to lay your head at night. We travelled by transfer from our hotel in Kununurra so decided to take some meager supplies. Upon arriving I discovered there was no bar fridge, no tea and coffee making facilities and nowhere to hang your clothes. I asked at reception for a jug and was told that they couldn't help. Most of our supplies spoiled and were despatched to the bin. Value; for the facilities provided it was overpriced. Sleep quality; I'm sure the bed linen was made from canvas. Cleanliness; The rooms were serviced daily however as we were located on an unsealed road every time a four wheel vehicle passed our accommodation we were covered in dust. Not having a vehicle we should have been located in one of the cul de sacs. Location; see above. Rooms; No facilities for hanging clothes so they were spread over the beds. The bathroom and toilet were a joke. A flimsy partition separated the bedroom and the toilet/bathroom. For all the good it did they might as well dispense with it. If you want some privacy when using the toilet go to the reception building and use the toilet there. If there was a jug you could have a cuppa while you waited for the hot water to arrive. Room service; The accommodation was cleaned daily however you need to remove your shoes outside or you will tread dirt into the room. As with everything wrong with the facilities there wasn't a broom to keep the floor swept.
I regularly spend months walking long distance walking tracks solo and have to say I can provide better facilities in my backpack then are provided by El Questro.
Oh, my wife didn't think it was too bad so my criticism is a personal perspective.
If El Questro want a good manager to rehabilitate the place I can come out of retirement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden within the fiery red of El Questro’s Cockburn Ranges lies the spectacular Emma Gorge Resort, with excellent facilities for the whole family. Emma Gorge Resort offers comfortable tented cabins, each with their own private facilities. Shaded pathways link the tented cabins with the restaurant, pool and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Emma Gorge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emma Gorge Hotel Kununurra
- Emma Gorge Resort Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia