.We went to El Questro and went for a walk at Emma Gorge a few weeks ago and we were made to feel so welcome. Not only was the scenery wonderful but a lovely blond lady with glasses bobbing around in what looked like an oversized green lawnmower stopped and spoke to us. We were after water and she took us to the Boab tree so we could fill our bottles up with Boab water. She told us how lucky we were to have had the rare experience of drinking Boab water as El Questro was the only place that had this water from the tree. I still think it was a yarn but not sure. We asked about the cane toad box and she went back with us and gave a mini lecture and what El Questro was doing to try and stop these horrid creatures. We were not guests and she had a pile of bedding in the back of this mower yet she took the time to speak to us. We went up the Gorge and it was magnicifent. We are a fit couple so it was an easy walk for us. The middle pool was so blue and its an experience that I will never forget. On our way out of the Gorge we saw this staff member again. We asked her about Zebedee Springs as we wanted to go there but unfortunately if was closed for the day.. We are still struck by her and she made our visit that much more special.
One day we would like to return and stay in the Tent cabins here.
I highly recomend a visit to the Gorge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden within the fiery red of El Questro’s Cockburn Ranges lies the spectacular Emma Gorge Resort, with excellent facilities for the whole family. Emma Gorge Resort offers comfortable tented cabins, each with their own private facilities. Shaded pathways link the tented cabins with the restaurant, pool and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Emma Gorge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emma Gorge Hotel Kununurra
- Emma Gorge Resort Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia