“Stayed on two occasions”

Ibis Styles Kununurra
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
“Stayed on two occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a local in the Kimberley and have stayed here on two occasions. I really quite like staying in this hotel. Its clean, the beds are comfy and the restaurant is quite nice as well. The continental breakfast is fine, but on our return stay, we found that they had removed the Waffle Maker machine, the highlight of breakfast!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ecootaku
, General Manager at Ibis Styles Kununurra, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear eccotaku,

Great to hear you are enjoying your stays with us. Keep a eye out on our breakfast offering, it is changing and we will be offering new and exciting things very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Perth West Aus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff were the nicest part of the stay. Check-in staff friendly and efficient, dinner/breakfast service the same. I stayed a week for work and wasn't paying the bill. Steak on night 1 ordered medium and it came well-done. Steak night three ordered medium rare and it came medium-well done. I might have cracked it third go, but I was sick of steak. The Fish was fine. The local Chinese is very good and great staff.
Breakfast the first morning ( hot buffet was fine, continental also) I was confronted with INSTANT COFFEE??????? Is this an IBIS? What are they thinking????? Breakfast morning 2, I discovered there was a coffee machine hidden behind the bar and for a few dollars the nice German girl would make me a passable Latte so I could stumble into the day with a shred of coherence.
The rooms are in need of an overhaul, especially the bathrooms- water pressure in the shower was rubbish. There is a connecting door between rooms that has no sound insulation, so the neighbours conversation/TV is very evident. Get a room without this connecting door, if you can. The room served as a happy refuge from the outside heat during the day, but at night, despite every trick I tried, I could not stop the air-con from blowing cold air on me when I tried to sleep , as its right over the bed. And sleeping without the air-con was also a no go, because of the heat. I had a head cold by day three.
The pool looked nice, but I didn't use it.

Room Tip: Ask for one without a connecting door, if it exists.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sebastian68,

Thank you for your comments.
We have recently changed our menu, and the issue with the steaks will no longer be repeated. Our coffee selection has also improved along with our breakfast offering. Our air conditioners can be set to blow away from you, please let us know when this occurs, it can be rectified.
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at the Ibis Styles Kununurra and as usual found it to be a comfortable place to stay while working. The young girl at reception (I think Amanda?) is a jack of all trades and should be commended on the effort she puts in to make the guests stay a pleasant one :)
I will stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the guests laundry! can get a little noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MikeK157166,

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us at ibis Styles Kununurra. I have had Amanda jump on line to have a look at your comments. Many thanks for these kind words.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a comfortable and clean hotel. Nice pool area and the restaurant is really good value. Prices are about the same as Perth but the size of the serving makes it good value. The staff are friendly and helpful. Ill use here again. Only down side being an older building noise between rooms isnt the best

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveller_JohnR,

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay at ibis Styles Kununurra. Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. The team look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at the Ibis 2 separate nights on the Monday and then the Thursday during a business trip to North West WA. On the Monday I wasn't too impressed. The check in was haphazard and the meal that evening was very basic (only buffet available). The room was clean and tidy and the bed comfortable. The Thursday was better. They gave me a larger room and the buffet was much better. The reception staff still weren't the best though unfortunately. Careless is probably the best way to describe it. Unfortunately, this marked them down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rambling NT,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us at ibis Styles Kununurra.
We have introduced a menu for Ivanhoe restaraunt, I am sure when you join us again you will enjoy our offering.We can only improve ourselves from feedback such as yours, so thank you. I hope to welcome you back soon,
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were Mum and daughter travelling together, so we booked the 1br deluxe. Mum had the br, I had the sofabed in the lounge. The room was in front of the pool, lovely outdoor area to look ou upon.
The sofabed has clearly seen better days - I ended up putting the foam on the floor with the lounge cushions on top and sleping on that. That wasn't so bad, what was annoying is that the bathroom was set up as an ensuite, so if I needed the bathroom during the night I had to disturb Mum when I went through her room to get there.
I also thought it was odd that the cleaners disposed of the used soaps and shower caps before our stay was completed, and on 1 morning they even turned off our refrigerator (it was off for a few hours as we were out on a daytrip).
The very basic buffet dinner on our arrival night (due to a tour group?) was perhaps a little overpriced for what it was.
Menu dinner the next night was however very tasty and satisfactory.
Other negatives - the plumbing noises from the block of units we were in were really loud, and the pool filter starting at 6am was like a wakeup alarm.
Other positives - Service from the staff at all times was courteous and helpful. Good location for walks to the town centre, and nice and easy for tour pickups.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear TraceyLH,

Thanks you for your comments regarding your previous stay. I have spoken with our housekeeping team regarding the room servicing. We have a number of other room types that may have suited your stay, I apologise that you encountered some issues with noise.
The team hope to welcome you back again soon.