“I'd stay there again”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
Great Western, Australia
“I'd stay there again”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I found my room ideal for an overnight stay (would've stayed longer if I could have). Clean and comfortable, a t.v and within walking distance of the lake and the shopping centre. Breakfast was included with a selection of cerals and toast (don't recall seeing hot food, but then I wasn't looking). The young waiter was entertaining as well and gave me a run down on what there was to see in Kununurra. Overall I thought it was a nice place to stay - I'd definitely call in again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Ibis Styles Kununurra, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hi Lilee,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Jason Buckton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A reasonable price off season for the room which is quite dated unfortunately so no wedding nights I fear - wrong atmosphere. Staff are nice but avoid the restaurant at night as the menu is limited in length, imagination and presentation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Ibis Styles Kununurra, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the review. Alot is happening this year so watch this space! I think you will like the refurbishment plans and that wedding night stay may be back on the table!

We have expanded the restaurant menu and are getting a great response from both local and travelling guests.

Hope to see you back soon.

Narrabundah
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This must be the worst motel in Kununurra with rooms that are well passed their use by date. Everything is old and tired. The management go to the length of providing a repair request form to have individual components serviced. I stayed for 2 days and in that time the TV did not operate properly with all channels having “snow” and major problems to turn it on. It was a tiny TV I thing 19”. I completed the repair request form after my first night delivering it to the reception at 6.30 am. I had two additional items on the form which was blown light bulbs and a toilet that did not flush properly.

Having gone off for the day to complete the business I was in Kununurra I returned at around 7.30 pm expecting the issued I raised on the repair request form to have been addressed. To my surprise nothing had been done. Were this a weekend day I could have made allowance for their failure to repair anything but it was not it was a Friday morning I put the form in.

A continental breakfast was included in the rate for my room. The breakfast offered was to put it mildly very basic including 4 cereals and some yogurt in an open dish plus bread and toppings. Coffee offered was instant coffee. Some small amount of cut fruit was available as well. While saying this there was a cooked menu option available this was quite acceptable. The big shock came on Saturday morning when the offered breakfast only included the dry cereals and the bread. Nothing else whatsoever was available.

This motel claims affiliation with the Accor group but I strongly suspect that nobody from Accor has ever visited the establishment. My colleague recommended staying at the mush cheaper Kununurra Heritage Hotel which I thought might have been a little down market but I had a look at his room and have to say it was 100% better than my room. On my first night at All Seasons Motel I had to listen to my neighbour coughing and snoring all night.

I believe Accor needs to visit this motel and see for themselves what is representing their name and reputation. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Select another motel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gordon35au
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your review! i'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. You will be happy to know that we have taken your feedback on board and have made some changes that have improved the experience for all of our guests.

32in LED TV's are being installed to fix the 'snow' problem you experienced. This was a result of the new digital signal being installed into Kununurra and unfortunately the date for this was brought forward by the government and caught all of us in town out.

We also provide the maintenance form in all of our All Seasons / Ibis hotels to make sure that if we missed something, or it stopped working after we have been in the room, that we can fix it as soon as possible. My apologies that this wasn't attended to on the day you dropped it into reception. We endeavor to complete all maintenance tasks the same day we receive them.

We will be undertaking some large refurbishments works in 2013 which began with the upgrading of the pool area of the hotel. From here we move into the bathrooms and onto the public areas of the hotel.

Thank you again for your review.

Jason Buckton

Travelers are raving about these Kununurra hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The All-Seasons is a very basic motel with very basic amenities. Check-in was perfunctory and they were happy to confirm our trips and make dinner reservations for us. On first sight it looked promising with a bar, a pool table and a large restaurant coming off the reception area except the bar never opened and a greasy burnt chip fat smell emanated from the restaurant permanently. Was pleased to be told our rate included breakfast but we should't have got so excited it was simply some bread you could toast and some cheap cornflakes.

The rooms feel old and grubby. Bathrooms looked really old. I was quite concerned about how flimsy the interconnected door was to the room next doo. It wouldn't have taken much to push it open. Also despite it being a non-smoking room, there was definitely someone smoking in the room next door so the stench of cigarette smoke kept wafting through the gaps of the interconnecting door. Not pleased about that. There was some mix up with the digital changeover in the area so we had a handful of obscure channels for 3 days. There didn't seem to be much urgency to fix it.

It's not particularly well situated either. It's neither in the town itself or in a good position to have a river view. You get what you pay for though. And this is well priced for hotels in the notoriously expensive Kimberley Region, to be fair.

On a happier note, Kununurra is a great town to use as a base to explore the East Kimberley. Lots of great tours to do including SlingAir Bungle Bungle scenic flight and Triple Js River Ord day trip. Dinner and sunset drinks at Pumphouse Restaurant are a must too. It's unlikely I would ever be in this part of the world again but I would stay at the Kimberley Grande next time - we had good meals there twice and also it has a lively bar area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Thanks for the review and the great feedback on your experience. We have worked pretty hard since your stay to improve the experience and you will be happy to know that your review has been a solid base for improvement. We have fixed the issue you raised with the interconnecting doors and improved the breakfast offering.

New 32in LED TV's are being installed currently into the rooms to fix the digital tv problems we faced when you stayed. My apologies that it couldn't be fixed during your stay however unfortunately one of the drawback to living in the remote regions of Australia is that there aren't too many technicians around to assist and the post takes a few weeks to reach us with new products when there are problems.

Bathroom refurbishments are scheduled to be completed this year with a very contemporary feel being incorporated into the design. We will also be refurbishing our foyer area and have just recently completed the pool area refurbishment.

Thank you again for your review. It has helped us improve our offering to our customers.

Kind Regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the All Seasons last year and it was not a good experience. Reluctantly booked in again and was pleasantly surprised!

The room was basic but clean and comfortable, the service was friendly and the food has improved out of sight. I have some specific dietary needs and the chef put together a great vege risotto for me, my colleague had a steak and said it was cooked perfectly. Rare to get well priced, quality food in Knx! I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Emjblue!,

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to make things right from your previous visit. I'm very glad that you got to experience all that we offer! Chef had a big smile on his face when he saw your review.

See you on your next trip!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

A great stay. Not 5 star, but I was not expecting that. Room was very nice and all amenities available. Highlight was the excellent evening meals. So full marks to chef! Staff overall most helpful and friendly. Thanks for a relaxing visit.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Noni L
Hi Noni,

Glad you had a great stay with us! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Thanks for the review.